Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Park City, Utah" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2003, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Consolidated "Park City, Utah" thread

I know a lot of you are getting ready to plan your winter vacations. Hopefully it includes some skiing in Park City, Utah. Here are a few links to help you get around town.

http://www.parkcitymainstreet.com (maps, info)
http://parkcity.org (goverment)
http://www.parkcityinfo.com
http://www.deervalley.com (ski resort)
http://www.parkcitymountain.com (ski resort)
http://www.thecanyons.com (ski resort)

Steve
Old Feb 10, 2005, 3:30 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, Alaska MVPG100K, Marriott Titanium Elite
Trip to Park City

Just got back from a great surprise birthday trip to Park City and wanted to mentioned a few things that we found fantastic.

First, the snow was great and the weather was sunny! Coming from the Great PNW this was very welcome as we haven't had a ski season to speak of yet this year.

The food was also incredible. We ate at some of the higher end places as well as some low priced places and found the food to be fantastic everywhere.

350 Main - Great food, decor, and good wine list. The double prepared Ono was awesome, not to be missed. The seared scallops were also excellent and tender, not fishy at all. For an appetizer try the crostini dish as well as the

Chimayo - Great, eclectic Southwestern food and very cool rustic decor. The Poblano pepper stuffed with goat cheese was a great appetizer. For dinner, get the ribs, presentation as well as taste can't be beat. Also had the signature dish which was Elk, very good, not gamey.

In the Park City base area you should try Baja Cantina. Doesn't look like much and doesn't hold a lot of people, but very good food. Service was so-so but the spicy pork burrito made up for it.

As for night life, the Spur was very cool, had a good local band and was very packed but a nice crowd.

Have fun if you go
Charlie
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:21 pm

Park City...any recommendations/suggestions

I am heading to Park City next week with my son and his friend. Both college students.

Any suggestions to where to stay, looking for something convenient, not too expensive and something nice

Any suggestions to where to eat? We are looking for casual dining, nothing fancy.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:38 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread in the West Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 5, 2007, 9:21 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
It was several years ago, but I had a nice stay at the Marriott; as I recall, it was a short ride/drive to either the slopes or the downtown. At the time, Marriott also had one of its timeshare properties in the downtown area. If it is still there, you could investigate whether there are any free/ discounted nights offers if you listen to their timeshare presentation.
ACCDraw likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I stayed at The Canyons for a weekend of meetings a couple years ago. Very nice. The only dinner offsite was at Claimjumper downtown. A casual and fun chain steak-eating experience. There's also a Brewpub downtown that's fun and popular. You can't miss it. Everything's on one street.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:51 pm

There's some discussion about Park City in the Hilton forum as well. Search for "Park City" in quotes and you'll probably find it.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, HH, SPG
Park City

I was there in Nov 06 and the Marriott timeshare was still there. It looked like there were a number of reasonable places to dine on the main street.

I was just there for a short while, on a day trip from SLC.

There was even a ski lift from the main street in Park City right up to the slopes.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 2:10 pm

Programs: America Worst
Park City Restaurants

Going to Deer Valley for 4 days with the family 4/9.
Any great restaurant recommendations in Park City ?
Kids 4 and 7 but we take them to nice places all the time.
Someplace with a good wine list.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 6:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, ALL Gold
We were there back in February and had a very nice meal at the Blind Dog. In fact it was the best meal we had during our 4 days in Park City. We found the other places we visited (Zoom and 350 Main) overrated with relatively poor service. You can make a reservation at Blind Dog through opentable.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:34 am

Discounted lift tickets Park City Utah?

going for christmas and looking for discounted lift txt. i did the search but the only suggestion came up was canyonsports. i don't see them discounted much there as well. do they also have black out dates?
any other suggestions? checked ebay but nothing there as well. thanks
Old Dec 10, 2009, 6:39 pm

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Beyond the canyon sports and utah ski and golf locations in SLC there is not much else; u tried ebay; if you go that route u might as well look at craigslist. Remember to buy PC lift tkts in SLC, not PC, to get discount. I don't know of any blackout dates listed for PC.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 1:31 pm

Costco has a book of 5 tickets for $260 for Park City. If you do buy these, be sure to bring the whole book with you to the ticket window and not tear out the individual coupons. They also sell a pack of two tickets to the Canyons. The closest Costco on the way up from the airport would be in Salt Lake. There are also stores in Sandy and Orem. I haven't shopped the SLC or Sandy stores but have read that they do sell them. I was inside the Orem store last week and saw them there.
Should be fun. Have a great time.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:29 pm

thanks, so far costco is the best deal. canyons offer 2 out of 7 days for $118. problem is i'm taking a shuttle from the airport:-( well.
thanks! looking forward to my first trip to Park city!!!!!!!
Old Dec 18, 2009, 8:22 am

Doesn't hurt to ask the driver if he's willing to make a detour. I've found them to be accommodating and happy to show off their city. Once, years back, we had a large group and were in a motor coach, not the van, and the driver actually obliged and made a stop for us. Helps that others on the bus were excited about getting a great deal and the driver didn't have to return the bus on a tight schedule. We gladly gave the driver a nice tip.

Don't know what time you're flying in, but they also have the Quick Start program for a free lift ticket for the day you arrive. Just be sure to follow the instructions. http://www.parkcityinfo.com/static/i...contentID=1047

If there's a Costco near you, it doesn't hurt to call and see if they're selling Park City tickets. I see on other talk boards that they've been spotted in Atlanta, San Antonio, and Pheonix.

Last month I discovered a link on the Costco website about new items available at your local Costco warehouse. I clicked on a few of stores in the LA area and saw that they were selling Park City tickets at the Simi Valley, Irvine and Chino Hills locations.

Have a great time! PC is one of my favorite ski towns. Was there last week and hope there will be a few more trips this season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.