Consolidated "Park City, Utah" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Park City, Utah" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
There is a Costco just off the freeway near the 21st South exit on the way to Park City. You will go right past it. Your driver might stop for you.
I am sure he/she will know where it is.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 5:59 pm

The Costco in SLC sells 2 day passes for the Canyons for $114.99 plus $10.81 shipping. Canyons charges $89. a day. Call 801-483-1881 and ask for Suzie. They also have other ski resorts available.

Last edited by Schutzee; Feb 10, 2011 at 10:15 am Reason: add exact shipping cost
Old Feb 1, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
sweetwater lift lodge or skiers lodge park city?

We are looking to visit the ara in late May/early June with some friends who have the capability to trade their time share with either of the above. Any one with any familiarity of either? TIA
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:34 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
I w/2 others have week 6 at the Sweetwater for about 10 yrs or so. This lodge(at least part of it) was a hotel. Our room has 2 beds (queens) on side with bathroom and then's there's a walk thru to the other side which has a murphy bed in the dining area and living room/kitchen. The kitchen in our unit is small- it's tough for 2 people to be in there. Change of ownership recently has brought some improvements/minor remodeling. There is free wi-fi in the lobby, not in rooms. Also 3 computers w/printer in lobby but that area is locked after hrs. A game room, exercise room is downstairs. There is underground parking but not enough for all- parking also out in front. There is a pool, 2 dry saunas and large hot tub. They change laundry on Wednesday. There is a small grocery/movie rental in the lobby also. The new mngmnt seems better than previous. Obvious the location during ski season is a plus as you can walk to Park City and take free bus to Deer Valley/ Canyons. I will flying out there this Fri/Sat for my stay so if you want to PM a email, possibly I can take some photos of the place if you want. Sorry, I don't know any info about the other property.

Last edited by rustyr; Feb 2, 2011 at 6:37 am Reason: addtn'l info
Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:47 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Thanks rustyr, quite helpful.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:48 am

3 day lift ticket to Canyons for $150?

I heard that there are 3 day lift tickets to Canyons for $150 at costco in Utah.

however, I called 3 costco's in Utah and none of them have this, just the 2 lift tickets for $115.

Does anyone know about a 3 day pass to Canyons for $150?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:45 pm

Discounted Lift Tickets for Park City Resorts

You can go to www.liftopia.com and check (at least 48 hours ahead). They offer discounted fares for non-peak (non-holiday) dates. You pay on line with credit card and then print the voucher to take to the ticket window. Downside is you have to purchase for a particular day and person's name. Is non-refundable and non-transferable...you take an ID to the ticket window.

If you have a rental car or can get the shuttle van driver to stop at the downtown Ski n See shop (they can't sell discounted lift tickets up in Park City). In 2011, the ticket window price is about $90 but Ski n See sells a 2 of 7 day ticket for $128 ($64 ea. day) and a one day lift ticket for $69. They sell a Canyons ticket for $65 ($89 reg price). Tickets are transferrable (though non-refundable) but you don't have to commit to a certain day to ski a certain resort like you do with Liftopia.com.

I hear Costco in Salt Lakealso sells 5 coupon books as well, but I have never stopped there.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 9:35 am

Public transit from SLC airport to Park City now possible

Starting next month, the Utah Transit Authority will have express bus service to the Park City ski resorts and the Park City transit center (where one can connect to the free Park City transit system). http://www.rideuta.com/mc/?page=Park...akeCityConnect

The buses will have wi-fi and Greyhound-style seats. They will also have space for skis.

The new route departs from the Salt Lake Central Station (the hub where Amtrak, Greyhound, and local trains and buses all come together. Light rail train service from the SLC airport to the Salt Lake Central Station will begin when construction on that line is finished. http://www.rideuta.com/mc/?page=Proj...irportTRAXLine Until then, you can ride a UTA bus from the airport to the Salt Lake Central station and connect. http://legacy.rideuta.com/ridinguta/...550&signup=113
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:56 pm

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Great news!
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:32 am

As I see it, this will allow a person to set up a base camp at a Salt Lake downtown hotel and then ride UTA buses to all of the resorts. The resorts in Salt Lake and Utah counties were already served by Ski Bus service -- it was the resorts in Summit County that required a rental car or private shuttle to access.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:52 pm

Wow. That's a relief.^
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Jericho-79
Wow. That's a relief.^
Finally!! I think it's good news. I'm glad to hear it. I'm sure the construction will be very successful. How much longer when they will completion it?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Finally!! I think it's good news. I'm glad to hear it. I'm sure the construction will be very successful. How much longer when they will completion it?
I am not sure exactly when the airport light rail line will be finished. Keep an eye on the UTA website. Until then, bus service is provided from the airport.

UTA has three light rail lines and one commuter rail line. The Blue Line goes from Sandy to the Salt Lake Central Station. Work is under way to extend that line from Sandy south to Draper.

The Red Line goes from South Jordan to the University of Utah. Construction on that line was finished earlier this year.

The Green Line goes from West Valley City to (for now) the Salt Lake Central Station. Work is now under way to extend the Green Line from downtown Salt Lake City to the airport. As I understand it, when that line is finished, it will split from the Blue Line at Arena Station (where the Utah Jazz play) and head straight west to the airport paralleling North Temple Street.

The Purple Line (the commuter rail line) goes from Salt Lake City to Ogden (the city to the north of Salt Lake City). Work is now under way to extend that line south to the city of Provo.

Long range plans call for a trolley line to go east from the Central Pointe Station to Salt Lake City's Sugar House neighborhood. Funding is now pending with the US Department of Transportation.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by amanuensis
I am not sure exactly when the airport light rail line will be finished. Keep an eye on the UTA website. Until then, bus service is provided from the airport.

UTA has three light rail lines and one commuter rail line. The Blue Line goes from Sandy to the Salt Lake Central Station. Work is under way to extend that line from Sandy south to Draper.

The Red Line goes from South Jordan to the University of Utah. Construction on that line was finished earlier this year.

The Green Line goes from West Valley City to (for now) the Salt Lake Central Station. Work is now under way to extend the Green Line from downtown Salt Lake City to the airport. As I understand it, when that line is finished, it will split from the Blue Line at Arena Station (where the Utah Jazz play) and head straight west to the airport paralleling North Temple Street.

The Purple Line (the commuter rail line) goes from Salt Lake City to Ogden (the city to the north of Salt Lake City). Work is now under way to extend that line south to the city of Provo.

Long range plans call for a trolley line to go east from the Central Pointe Station to Salt Lake City's Sugar House neighborhood. Funding is now pending with the US Department of Transportation.
Once all of this construction is completed it will be great, but I'm anxious about all of the traffic delays due to construction until then.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:40 pm

Has anyone taken this bus yet? I'm going to Park City for MLK 2012 weekend and flying into SLC. I've some research on it and have some good info but was wondering if anyone has taken it yet and what they thought. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.