FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Australia | Velocity (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity-682/)
-   -   Surprised No Lounge in Hobart (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity/2114539-surprised-no-lounge-hobart.html)

RWPS Mar 9, 2023 8:37 pm

Surprised No Lounge in Hobart

I obviously haven’t flown Virgin from Hobart before. I decided to fly Virgin to Hobart this week, and returning today was very surprised and disappointed that there is no lounge for Virgin at the Hobart airport.
pretty embarrassing for an airline that wants me as a regular flyer
certainly makes QF more appealing travelling down here.

Mwenenzi Mar 9, 2023 11:07 pm

How many VA flights a day from HBA?
How many VA business class seats a day from HBA?
Airline cannot have lounges at all airports.
But QF is to do a rebuild of its HBA lounge.

sydunipete Mar 12, 2023 10:48 pm

Nor is there Priority Pass or Amex. There's only a QF lounge as far as I'm aware.

Guvner067 Mar 13, 2023 12:15 am

The QF lounge at HBA is considered the worst in the network by many QFF'ers.

RWPS Mar 13, 2023 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi (Post 35075845)
How many VA flights a day from HBA?
How many VA business class seats a day from HBA?
Airline cannot have lounges at all airports.
But QF is to do a rebuild of its HBA lounge.

It looks on the main HBA to MEL leg that VA do 5 flights a day, QF do 3
And most lounge users aren’t flying business
I agree airlines can’t have lounges everywhere, but if QF have less flights, but are able to build a new expanded lounge, then you’d think VA could justify a presence.

sol95 Mar 13, 2023 4:39 am

Originally Posted by RWPS (Post 35083175)
It looks on the main HBA to MEL leg that VA do 5 flights a day, QF do 3
And most lounge users aren’t flying business
I agree airlines can’t have lounges everywhere, but if QF have less flights, but are able to build a new expanded lounge, then you’d think VA could justify a presence.

Haven’t checked, so I’ll take your word for the number of flights between HBA & MEL. But, that’s ONLY to MEL. You’re not factoring in all the other airports that QF serves. Besides, as mentioned above, the QF lounge in HBA is thoroughly, incredibly underwhelming.

nivsy Mar 22, 2023 8:22 am

Originally Posted by sol95 (Post 35083285)
Haven’t checked, so I’ll take your word for the number of flights between HBA & MEL. But, that’s ONLY to MEL. You’re not factoring in all the other airports that QF serves. Besides, as mentioned above, the QF lounge in HBA is thoroughly, incredibly underwhelming.

VA also fly's to Perth from HBA and likewise I was surprised to learn that they have no lounge there for my recent flight to PER. VA however have not even re-opened lounges at other Australian airports that they have daily flights to and indeed while they are now tentatively opening up international flights they have no international lounge access at Australian airports.

docjames Mar 22, 2023 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by RWPS (Post 35075654)
I obviously haven’t flown Virgin from Hobart before. I decided to fly Virgin to Hobart this week, and returning today was very surprised and disappointed that there is no lounge for Virgin at the Hobart airport.
pretty embarrassing for an airline that wants me as a regular flyer
certainly makes QF more appealing travelling down here.

Have you seen the QF lounge in HBA? Nothing to write home about. Usually more crowded than the terminal.

QF have announced a renovation of it but tba when that will actually occur.

restlessinRNO Apr 3, 2023 5:57 am

I will be attending FT OzFest 19 in Hobart next month. I too was surprised to learn that there is no VA lounge and no Priority Pass lounge in HBA. (I am flying VA because it is now a partner with United Airlines.) Flights are generally not cheaper than QF. ✈️

BNE_VA_Hawk Apr 3, 2023 8:23 am

Spot on here. Considering that VA has between 8-11 flights per day out of HBA, absolutely no surprise that they don't have a lounge presence there. Even CNS with a similar (if not slightly larger) footprint for VA hasn't returned, so I doubt that VA would be spending the money to fit out a new space.