Wiki Posts
Search

SYD premium entry closed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P MM
SYD premium entry closed

I checked online whilst at our hotel. Lengthy description including location. At airport we took time to walk there only to learn it is closed. we had to walk back to security and spend the next hour in snaking queue. why doesn't Virgin state online that premium entry is closed?
Old Sep 8, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by KarenH
I checked online whilst at our hotel. Lengthy description including location. At airport we took time to walk there only to learn it is closed. we had to walk back to security and spend the next hour in snaking queue. why doesn't Virgin state online that premium entry is closed?
They have: https://www.virginaustralia.com/au/e...premium-entry/
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Question is why?;is it not time to reopen as pax loads increase? Or is it the usual excuse everyone is using..."no staff" rather than perhaps "no desire"..?🫣
CPMaverick and astonmartinv8 like this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I departed Sydney at very end of August and the premium entry was open? Got the supposed short queue. The economy section was HUGE! This was international.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 5:49 am

Is the premium entry still closed?
Old Oct 15, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
https://www.virginaustralia.com/au/e...premium-entry/
Old Oct 27, 2022, 10:20 pm

Reopening..limited hours but step in right direction .. eventually. https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...bane-melbourne
Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:37 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Interesting but 5 to 7 AM may be too early for me to arrive at SYD for the Premium Entry lane. I will have to check baggage.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by frappant
Interesting but 5 to 7 AM may be too early for me to arrive at SYD for the Premium Entry lane. I will have to check baggage.
You can't check bags at Premium Entry. It's not so much a 'lane', as an entirely different entrance to the airport (off the sidewalk). It leads directly to the VA lounge.

If you are checking bags, go through the normal airport entry to do that. Then you can decide to use Premium Entry (if available), or the regular entry.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
You can't check bags at Premium Entry. It's not so much a 'lane', as an entirely different entrance to the airport (off the sidewalk). It leads directly to the VA lounge.

If you are checking bags, go through the normal airport entry to do that. Then you can decide to use Premium Entry (if available), or the regular entry.
Would I go back outside to the PE access?

But it's only open until 7 AM?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by frappant
Would I go back outside to the PE access?

But it's only open until 7 AM?
Yes you would walk back outside. It is of minimal benefit at that point, but it does drop you straight into the lounge which can be convenient.

If it isn't open, then obviously you can't use it.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 1:17 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
I see reports that this Kane is now open until 8 am. Can anyone confirm that please?
Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:55 am

Wouldn't it be nice if it was open all day?
seanp7 likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 2:39 am

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Premium entry is amazing...when it's available

I have to say of all the airport amenities I've seen over the years "premium entry" might be my favorite...when it's available that is.You bypass security lines and go straight into the lounge...then it's a quick walk to the gate when boarding starts. You hardly have to interact with the general area of the airport. This reminds me of the kind of express check in benefit you sometimes get when flying international first class. Too bad VA has such limited hours and locations for it.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by jonsha
I have to say of all the airport amenities I've seen over the years "premium entry" might be my favorite...when it's available that is.You bypass security lines and go straight into the lounge...then it's a quick walk to the gate when boarding starts. You hardly have to interact with the general area of the airport. This reminds me of the kind of express check in benefit you sometimes get when flying international first class. Too bad VA has such limited hours and locations for it.
Agreed. Same as BNE. Should really be opened longer. Let the FF have some longer benefits of this amenity. Perhaps in 2024.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.