Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Are points upgrades refundable if I cancel ticket?

Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Are the 10000 Velocity points used to upgrade a BNE-SYD paid flight refunded if I cancel the flight and the fare gets refunded to my Travel Bank?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
3544quebec In most cases, Yes, but you need to comply with the terms and conditions

https://experience.velocityfrequentf...tions#clause-8

• Can I cancel or change a confirmed upgrade?

Changes: Permitted, provided you request it at least 24 hours before a flight’s scheduled departure and you pay the applicable fee. Fee waived for Platinum members.

Cancellation (reverts to your original purchased fare class): Permitted, provided you request it at least 24 hours before a flight’s scheduled departure, the original fare is still available on that Flight Sector and you pay the applicable fee. Fee waived for Platinum members.

If you cancel or change a confirmed upgrade less than 24 hours before a flight’s scheduled departure, or fail to board a flight, you’ll forfeit the Points used to redeem the UpgradeMe Points upgrade. Upgrades issued at Virgin Australia Lounges will result in you losing any Points used if changes or cancellations are requested (unless you’re entitled to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law) .

Requests can be made by calling the Membership Contact Centre.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks serfty

I take it that the points aren't refunded automatically but you have to specifically request this. Another phone call - what fun
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Don't call in the evening - or an hour wait is not unusual for me lately.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.