Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heap big status extension

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2021, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Heap big status extension

Just received an email from Velocity as follows:

Congratulations Scott, We are pleased to let you know that your Platinum membership has been extended.

Because you booked your first flight back with us, we wanted to show our gratitude by providing you with an extended Platinum membership of 18 months from today, 1 April 2021. That's a further 6 months than we promised.

Your extension will be provided in two parts. Initially, your extension will be until 31 March 2022 and you can see this now in your My Velocity account and Velocity App. Later this year, we’ll apply the remaining six month extension to your account so that your new review date will be 30 September 2022. We’ll let you know once this has been done.

Interact with your renewed My Velocity Card from our App where you can easily use it to reference your membership number.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard whether you’re returning home, travelling to reconnect with loved ones, or flying for business,

Velocity Frequent Flyer.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 12:03 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Now if only they would by default extend all New Zealand based members by 18th Months..... we are all very stuck on this side of the Tasman with our VA status.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
The good part is we both ended up with 4 more upgrades, so used them up today booking the (alleged) half price fares on sale!

Now real meals and glassware are back and a lounge in ADL 6 months after everyone else, looking a tad more like an airline.
shillard likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I too have been granted this.

Does it mean that any SC's earned between now and September 2022 will be used to determine status beyond that?
shillard likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by serfty
I too have been granted this.

Does it mean that any SC's earned between now and September 2022 will be used to determine status beyond that?

I like to think so.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:41 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I flew 28 sectors April 2020 - April 2021, mainly SYD-BNE and return. I had 575 status credits by 1st April and got an extension to April 2022. I did not receive an email. In fact I didn't get any email this year regarding my status extension. Do you know why you got the extra 6m? Does it apply to all?
Old Apr 9, 2021, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by astonmartinv8
I flew 28 sectors April 2020 - April 2021, mainly SYD-BNE and return. I had 575 status credits by 1st April and got an extension to April 2022. I did not receive an email. In fact I didn't get any email this year regarding my status extension. Do you know why you got the extra 6m? Does it apply to all?
I just assumed that they gave me extra because they didn't want me trolling them on social media...

It seems to be very inconsistent - I had hardly any SCs with them (maybe 2-3 NTL-BNE sectors in whY) during my current status year Apr-Apr, but prior to that I ran up over 2,000 SCs between VA and SQ flights.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 7:08 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shillard
I just assumed that they gave me extra because they didn't want me trolling them on social media...

It seems to be very inconsistent - I had hardly any SCs with them (maybe 2-3 NTL-BNE sectors in whY) during my current status year Apr-Apr, but prior to that I ran up over 2,000 SCs between VA and SQ flights.
Maybe they will show their gratitude to me in a different way. All I got this year was a single upgrade of any fare to business, which just expired before I could use it.

I just put a note on the facebook page (polite) asking whether I had missed the offer and it was deleted within minutes.

Last edited by astonmartinv8; Apr 10, 2021 at 7:32 pm
Old Apr 14, 2021, 5:08 pm

To be fair the social media people asked me to send them my velocity number so they could check with velocity. Then they said I needed to call in to check whether I should get the extra 6 months. Having tried once (30m then gave up), I tried again and only waited 20m. They went and checked and apparently I will get the extra 6 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.