Velocity COVID-19 Status Extension

Old May 3, 20, 1:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by mad_atta View Post
Interesting! I wonder whether different accounts sweep at different times? Will keep an eye on the account.
Gold is a few days later going by last month.
Old May 3, 20, 5:16 pm

Programs: Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by ozztraveller View Post
Gold is a few days later going by last month.
My gold 'gift' arrived yesterday. Looks like long odds it will actually have any value though, as the weeks pass.
Old May 3, 20, 9:55 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA gold, NZ*G (Elite), QF bronze, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by Revolio View Post
My gold 'gift' arrived yesterday. Looks like long odds it will actually have any value though, as the weeks pass.
Mine showed up today, along with an early upgrade to Plat (I was on 988 SC).

Iím not entirely sure I agree on the long odds. I think thereís a great chance VA will fly again, and thereís clear pressure from govt for it not to be in an entirely low cost format, to ensure it gives QF some real domestic competition for the corporate dollar. Whether itís a form where Gold or Plat means a lot really remains to be seen (which maybe was your point all along).
Old Jun 30, 20, 12:46 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
With the status extension, I take you still will lose status points that are expiring this year? Hence youíll have to work twice as hard next year to stay at that level for the following year?
Old Jul 2, 20, 7:33 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cavemanzk View Post
With the status extension, I take you still will lose status points that are expiring this year? Hence youíll have to work twice as hard next year to stay at that level for the following year?
They will roll off on the normal schedule.

It would have been nice if they had extended the gifted SC for another month or two Most of my gift ended up in my previous year, so not much help at this point in renewing. And I can't see much chance of flying of any significance for another couple of months.

So, yeah, for some of us, I think it will become a bit of a push to renew again next year.

But we don't really know what they have in store in terms of how far down market they are planning on going., so maybe it won't matter much,.
Old Jul 4, 20, 11:05 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by cavemanzk View Post
With the status extension, I take you still will lose status points that are expiring this year? Hence you’ll have to work twice as hard next year to stay at that level for the following year?
For platinum it’s 800sc to maintain. 70sc/month is 840sc so slightly easier. Not sure what they’ll say about the 8 sectors. Luckily I’ve hit that for my membership year already. Seems reasonable doing it month by month as changes will occur over time. Just easier to adapt with that model.

I am wondering if some programmes will create new status goals after this year of extension as flying clearly won’t get back to normal by then.

Last edited by NZbutterfly; Jul 5, 20 at 9:10 am Reason: Spelling

Search this Thread
Search Engine: