Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access - need a card now.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G, United.
Lounge access - need a card now.

Had some fun getting into lounges ten days ago, needed to show my card and the kerbside door to the BNE domestic lounge couldn't let me in even with it and I had to shlep round to the inside door. The story was something to do with different databases. Then today I get this which formalises what I experienced and doesn't feel like an improvement in service:-

"From 27 February 2020, we are removing Velocity Frequent Flyer membership numbers from kiosk-issued boarding passes.

To access our Virgin Australia lounges, please present your digital Velocity membership card accessible..."
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:16 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by macdo
"From 27 February 2020, we are removing Velocity Frequent Flyer membership numbers from kiosk-issued boarding passes.To access our Virgin Australia lounges, please present your digital Velocity membership card accessible..."
I'd have to say I think removing FF numbers is an enhancement to privacy. A friend of mine was once annoyed by the passenger next to him who left his boarding pass with FF# and Platinum status in the seat pocket when he disembarked. My friend took the boarding pass with him and made as much mischief as he could with it, up to and including writing to Borghetti as if he was the erring passenger (quoting his name and status) and boasting of his bad behaviour to some "simple-minded no-status passenger"

I've been so used to simply holding my electronic boarding pass up to the reader on entering the lounge that I'd forgotten there's any other way
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:34 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Boarding pass

Originally Posted by RTWFF
I'd have to say I think removing FF numbers is an enhancement to privacy. A friend of mine was once annoyed by the passenger next to him who left his boarding pass with FF# and Platinum status in the seat pocket when he disembarked. My friend took the boarding pass with him and made as much mischief as he could with it, up to and including writing to Borghetti as if he was the erring passenger (quoting his name and status) and boasting of his bad behaviour to some "simple-minded no-status passenger"

I've been so used to simply holding my electronic boarding pass up to the reader on entering the lounge that I'd forgotten there's any other way
yes he could have taken advantage of access on arrival as a platinum into the lounge
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:59 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Beano
yes he could have taken advantage of access on arrival as a platinum into the lounge
I suspect he didn't think he could get as much fun out of that compared to what he did do
Old Mar 1, 2020, 12:06 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Surely they could remove numbers, but note status?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
All Virgin lounges were closed today so a moot point!

My guess - the last time any of us will ever enter one. RIP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.