FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Australia | Velocity (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity-682/)
-   -   Leg room on a 737 800 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity/2009395-leg-room-737-800-a.html)

Beano Feb 17, 2020 1:19 am

Leg room on a 737 800

Which row has the best legroom ?
I have booked 1a but with one leg in plaster I may have to swap seats as I have forgotten it there is a restricted leg space in that row.

serfty Feb 17, 2020 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Beano (Post 32080715)
Which row has the best legroom ?
I have booked 1a but with one leg in plaster I may have to swap seats as I have forgotten it there is a restricted leg space in that row.

At 6' I can deal with the row 1 legroom for a flight up to 3 hours, but go row 2 for longer. With Row 1 I generally get my meal choice, no so much row 2.

With a leg in plaster, I'd suggest being seated 2C or 2D would be more friendly.

CPMaverick Feb 17, 2020 5:39 pm

I would think an aisle seat would be much better for a leg in plaster?

It all depends on how you can move your leg and how tall you are, but it seems likely row 2 would have more ultimate room as long as your leg can clear under the seat.

divrdrew Feb 25, 2020 6:20 am

Second exit row is by far the best on this aircraft. Tons of extra leg room and the first exit row cannot recline their seats due to it being an exit row. I almost always fly second exit rows no matter what airline.

JClasstraveller Feb 25, 2020 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by divrdrew (Post 32110685)
Second exit row is by far the best on this aircraft. Tons of extra leg room and the first exit row cannot recline their seats due to it being an exit row. I almost always fly second exit rows no matter what airline.

OP can’t sit in an exit row with a broken leg...

divrdrew Feb 25, 2020 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by JClasstraveller (Post 32112687)
OP can’t sit in an exit row with a broken leg...

Oops...my mistake.

Beano Feb 26, 2020 4:44 am

Wheelchair

Do you need to book a wheelchair from check-in to gate in advance ?
will they do lounge stops too ?

serfty Feb 26, 2020 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Beano (Post 32114478)
Do you need to book a wheelchair from check-in to gate in advance ?
will they do lounge stops too ?

Not sure about lounges, but VA have a detailed page on Mobility Assitance:

https://www.virginaustralia.com/au/e...ty-assistance/

john2003 Aug 27, 2022 2:17 pm

We have 15 A & B on a 737 800 PER to BNE. This appears to have extra legroom. Seems too good to be true as it isn't an exit row.
Is this correct?

JClasstraveller Aug 28, 2022 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by john2003 (Post 34550501)
We have 15 A & B on a 737 800 PER to BNE. This appears to have extra legroom. Seems too good to be true as it isn't an exit row.
Is this correct?

Sorry, row 15 does not have extra legroom. Only the exit rows and rows 3-5 have more room than normal (and generally need to be paid for as they are Economy X).

john2003 Aug 28, 2022 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by JClasstraveller (Post 34553803)
Sorry, row 15 does not have extra legroom. Only the exit rows and rows 3-5 have more room than normal (and generally need to be paid for as they are Economy X).

Thanks, I will have to phone again. Strange it appears to have more on the seat plan I have seen. Presumably this confused the agent who recommended the row to me as having extra. I am not surprised, just disappointed.
I doubt we can upgrade to Economy X as we are on points but I will see what they say.

JClasstraveller Aug 29, 2022 6:03 am

Originally Posted by john2003 (Post 34553832)
Thanks, I will have to phone again. Strange it appears to have more on the seat plan I have seen. Presumably this confused the agent who recommended the row to me as having extra. I am not surprised, just disappointed.
I doubt we can upgrade to Economy X as we are on points but I will see what they say.

The seatmap online is not to scale. I’d suggest you check photos on Google of the VA 738 cabin - it is clear that the row behind the exit row does not have extra legroom.

Agents aren’t much use I’m afraid.