Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Velocity redemption on Singapore Airlines- mixed cabin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2020, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Using velocity points to redeem in business on SQ.
Syd to USM via SIN
I can find Business Class availability but when I get to the confirmation page it says Economy cabin for the Silk air SIN to USM leg. Looking to do J all the way through. Any suggestions on how to get this confirmed? Is this normal?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 6:20 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Wramsey1980
Using velocity points to redeem in business on SQ.
Syd to USM via SIN
I can find Business Class availability but when I get to the confirmation page it says Economy cabin for the Silk air SIN to USM leg. Looking to do J all the way through. Any suggestions on how to get this confirmed? Is this normal?
If the seats aren't available, they aren't available. I don't think you can force anything through. You can call VA and ask but I think it would be a waste of time.

Yes it is normal as by offering mixed itineraries there are more routing options available. Most people would at least consider the short leg in Y if it means they can redeem VA points for J on the longer flight.
Wramsey1980 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 8:56 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
SQ gives the usual allocation of premium seats for redemption to VA as it does to its *A partners - an allocation that can be usually characterised as SFA. As for Singapore - Koh Samui, it's always serviced by the Silk Air subsidiary using an SQ flight number for code-share purposes, and I think SQ sells Silk Air "Business" as "Premium Economy" at best

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.