LAX is there a lounge for us?

Old Feb 1, 20, 12:35 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
LAX is there a lounge for us?

Is there a lounge for us in TBIT, accessible with our cabin status?

Flying DL (Compass) in first SAN to LAX. Then switching to DL 6798 (operated by Virgin Australia) in Business LAX to SYD. both on same ticket.
Old Feb 1, 20, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ranles View Post
Is there a lounge for us in TBIT, accessible with our cabin status?

Flying DL (Compass) in first SAN to LAX. Then switching to DL 6798 (operated by Virgin Australia) in Business LAX to SYD. both on same ticket.
Yes
From https://www.virginaustralia.com/au/e...lounge-access/

Los Angeles International Lounge
Access only available when booked on a Virgin Australia operated flight

Operated By: Emirates
Opening Hours:
For evening departures: Lounge access is available from 5:00pm.
For VA6 Saturday morning departures: Lounge access is available 4 hours prior to departure and closes 15 minutes prior to departure.

Airside Departures Level 6
Old Feb 1, 20, 3:37 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thank you Mwenenzi.

I was all over the link you provided and did not find an answer. I again checked it and still did not find it. That is why participation in FlyerTalk is so valuable! Even a web search by me did not come up this this access.
Old Feb 2, 20, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Just for clarity, it's the EMIRATES lounge. Not the Los Angeles International Lounge, which is very subpar. The verbiage on the website makes this a little unclear, as there is indeed a Los Angeles International Lounge.

The Emirates lounge is excellent.

https://www.virginaustralia.com/us/e...ge-access/#LAX
Old Feb 2, 20, 5:25 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thank you. Yes, a "little" unclear
Old Feb 10, 20, 5:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
As a Delta Platinum flying LAX-SYD, will I also be able to access that lounge flying in VA metal? From my understanding, my boarding pass will indicate Velocity Gold.
Old Feb 10, 20, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
Originally Posted by divrdrew View Post
As a Delta Platinum flying LAX-SYD, will I also be able to access that lounge flying in VA metal? From my understanding, my boarding pass will indicate Velocity Gold.
Based on recent experiences, if travelling in economy then no Delta Status based access.

You would have access to the EK lounge ONLY if you are travelling in Business Class.

You would have Skyclub access at T2 and T3 but you will need to catch an airside bus after that.

See here: Delta Platinum on VA from LAX - Lounge access

Last edited by serfty; Feb 10, 20 at 8:37 pm
Old Feb 11, 20, 5:37 am

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 20, 5:54 am

Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, QF-GLD, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
As stated above, no. Delta Gold & above flying economy on VA has lounge access ONLY to lounges operated by VA and DL. Not to 3rd party lounges like the Emirates lounge at LAX. You can access the Delta Skyclub although it is not in the same terminal.

Your BP would say 'Partner Gold', not Velocity Gold. In most cases your perks are the same as Velocity Gold but unfortunately not for access to this lounge.
Old Feb 11, 20, 10:54 am

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by CPMaverick View Post
As stated above, no. Delta Gold & above flying economy on VA has lounge access ONLY to lounges operated by VA and DL. Not to 3rd party lounges like the Emirates lounge at LAX. You can access the Delta Skyclub although it is not in the same terminal.

Your BP would say 'Partner Gold', not Velocity Gold. In most cases your perks are the same as Velocity Gold but unfortunately not for access to this lounge.
FWIW- my last BP (from a few days ago, LAX-BNE) said Gold on it, as a DL Gold. Not "partner gold." I was in J so I'm not sure about lounge access either way. But my paper BP, printed at the airport, definitely just said Gold.
Old Feb 11, 20, 5:12 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, QF-GLD, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by nw6338 View Post
FWIW- my last BP (from a few days ago, LAX-BNE) said Gold on it, as a DL Gold. Not "partner gold." I was in J so I'm not sure about lounge access either way. But my paper BP, printed at the airport, definitely just said Gold.
Interesting; it's been some time since I used DL status on VA and actually just lost DL status a couple weeks ago. But it used to say 'Partner Gold'...

In any case the FF field will make it clear you are DL status and the rest of my post will apply.

If you are in J then you get lounge access based on your ticket and your FF status is irrelevant.
Old Feb 25, 20, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by serfty View Post

You would have Skyclub access at T2 and T3 but you will need to catch an airside bus after that.
We fly out Friday. How long does the bus take from T3 to TBIT? I think we will clear security in T3 to make it easier, hit the lounge, then take the bus over to TBIT. Just want to know how much time to plan for going between terminals.
Old Feb 25, 20, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
We fly out Friday. How long does the bus take from T3 to TBIT? I think we will clear security in T3 to make it easier, hit the lounge, then take the bus over to TBIT. Just want to know how much time to plan for going between terminals.
I'd allow at least 75 minutes before scheduled departure.

The VA flight will ordinarily commence boarding at about T-45 minutes.

The Airside bus from T3 runs every 20 minutes or so at that time of night and takes 5 to 10 minutes. You are dropped off at the North end of TBIT and from there you need to make your way to the gate (of course if per chance you get a "Bus Gate" for your VA flight you'll be in the right place already).
Old Mar 2, 20, 6:09 pm

Wound up being very easy. Went through security in T3 (one of the worst terminals in LA). Lounge access there, then took airside bus to TBIT. Very easy process. Buses arriving and departing almost constantly...no wait and we were the only pax on the bus. Confirmed with the ticket agent that DL elites have no TBIT lounges to access.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: