Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The House Lounge at Sydney

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
The House Lounge at Sydney

I know that this is now the main option for Virgin passengers travelling internationally - though recent flight was on SQ so used that lounge.

I've just noticed that anyone can pay to go into The House, and wondered what impact this is having on the experience. Is it a great lounge (worth paying for?), will they let kids in as well as partner for Plat members or should I activate his partner Gold? (About the only reason to do so so seems a little silly). Or is it too crowded with paying customers as well as FF members?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The cost for paid access to the House is quite significant - I doubt such access would be significantly contributing to any overcrowding.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I highly doubt The House is getting many paid customers. The cost is very high. I like that they have the option though, for example if you had 2 with free access but a group of 3, splitting the cost of the 3rd person is cheaper than you all dining outside the lounge.

Kids are not free guests as far as I know. Depends on what you call a kid, under 2 is usually comp'd.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
I've used it once and noticed it filled up mid-morning uncomfortably when there was (at least) an Auckland flight and a Hong Kong flight departing within about 15 minutes of each other
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I've used it a few times. Reception very friendly and helpful. However, it is often pretty full and the seated eating area for table service is confused. There are often reserved signs on the tables with people crammed into the other tables. The service to the tables is not that obvious and you often have to ask. It isn't that clear that you can get table service (you can), the menus are not always out and often the wait staff are not immediately obvious.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
The table service is an absolute mess. Sit down and get ignored by any staff passing by, then go to the bar and ask if you can order food. The bartender gives you a menu and tells you to sit back down... repeat a few times and you'll finally have an order in.

The food is actually quite good, but the service a shambles.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
On my single visit I got there early for my mid-morning flight so there were plenty of spare tables (breakfast) and the staff were attentive. As I recall there weren't enough staff for when it got busier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.