Day flights from LAX-BNE

Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
Day flights from LAX-BNE

Hi all, am on the day flight from LAX-BNE later in the next few months which I am quite excited about from a timing and jet lag perspective. Just curious if anybody knows why Virgin are running so many day flights this week from LAX-BNE as opposed to the usual Saturday flight? It looks like there were 3-4 day departures this week upon glancing at flight aware.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
@nw6338 They have just 5 77W's.

One (VH-VPH) has been out of action since June 14th and has been at Victorville for repairs since the 22nd, so they have been making use of the LAX day downtime to operate as many services as possible with the remaining 4.

It seems VA expect VH-VPH to be back in service to operate VA8 this Wednesday evening.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VHVPH

Last edited by serfty; Jul 2, 2019 at 4:54 pm
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Interesting- thanks so much for the update. Was just curious. I wish there were more of these day flights consistently.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:31 pm

We are all different!!!! I had my one and only day flight back from the US due to NZ's engine problems... I HATED it. (And I was in J!) It seemed to last twice as long.... and I made the mistake of sleeping to help pass the time... (big mistake). Felt awful on arrival.... YMMV obviously!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trooper
We are all different!!!! I had my one and only day flight back from the US due to NZ's engine problems... I HATED it. (And I was in J!) It seemed to last twice as long.... and I made the mistake of sleeping to help pass the time... (big mistake). Felt awful on arrival.... YMMV obviously!
I'm a terrible plane sleeper, even in J! 2-3 hours at most on a transpac red eye. I wish I was better, the late night flights would certainly be a more productive use of my time. For the day flight, I look forward to taking advantage of the wifi and bar
trooper likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
VH-VPH flew back to LAX a short time ago:

CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:09 pm

In the early 2000s QF had a daytime flight LAX-SYD that was, I think, only on Thursdays. I recall taking it a couple of times and it was a great flight.

I hope to get on this VA flight someday.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goback
In the early 2000s QF had a daytime flight LAX-SYD that was, I think, only on Thursdays. I recall taking it a couple of times and it was a great flight.

I hope to get on this VA flight someday.
I do wish something like this would return to SYD or MEL.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
I took the the VA6 day flight last year, it was awesome.

Don't try and sleep; well rest if you have to; like taking an afternoon nap, my suggestion bring a book or 3.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
I took the the VA6 day flight last year, it was awesome.

Don't try and sleep; well rest if you have to; like taking an afternoon nap, my suggestion bring a book or 3.

On it tomorrow. Will report back

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.