Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Info on VA IFE selections?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Info on VA IFE selections?

Hi all. Does anyone know of an online source for the current list of Virgin Australia’s IFE offerings? On their website I can only find a bit where they list 6-8 new films for the month and that’s it. I’m flying LAX-SYD-AKL with them later this month, and given that I’ve heard conflicting things about the breadth of their IFE selection, I’m curious what I might be in for. Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I flew 9 hours on an A330 yesterday and the list was reasonable. But that is not the 77W.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
They usually have around 50 movies. Selection is decent, not great.

Not many mainstream TV shows are available however there are quite a few travel docs that can be useful depending on where you are going.

All told, VA lies around average or slightly below average on IFE, IMO
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
@rugbyshirt , I last flew transpacific on VA back in March and I did feel there had been a notable improvement based on my experiences in 2018 (certainly in available options).

I do agree with @CPMaverick - but sometimes you can catch up with a movie from the 1980's that you had never gotten around to seeing.

Last edited by serfty; Jun 2, 2019 at 4:11 am
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you. Sounds like I should be able to keep myself entertained, especially if I download some Netflix stuff to my iPad as a backup. Besides, the flight to Sydney is overnight so I should attempt to sleep anyway!
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
They had 'The Castle' on my recent flight which is an Aussie classic, check it out if you want some culture

My humble reco is to try and stay awake as long as possible, the AM arrival means late sleep is best for jet lag, and the more tired you are, the easier you'll find sleep.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:42 am

Not sure if you came across it but the back pages of the magazine have a few more listings...

https://www.virginaustralia.com/cs/g...e-2019-ife.pdf

Still not the complete guide as they're is a lot more content on the long haul 777/A330 aircraft compared to the wireless entertainment on the 737/A320/F100's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.