Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VA7/8 Cancelled March 20, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

VA7/8 Cancelled March 20, 2019

I was at TBIT tonight and saw VA 8 LAX-BNE was cancelled. Without a seven days a week schedule BNE-LAX-BNE how are displaced passengers accommodated ?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Aspen
I was at TBIT tonight and saw VA 8 LAX-BNE was cancelled. Without a seven days a week schedule BNE-LAX-BNE how are displaced passengers accommodated ?
Passengers would be moved to a different day or re-routed via SYD or MEL most likely. If no room on VA flights, then they would rely on DL, if DL is full, then people get rebooked on whatever seats VA can find.

This is one instance where VA's decision to run all their 777 fleet to LAX pays off. VA has 3 777 going to LAX most days, plus 1 DL 777 SYD-LAX. If one aircraft has an issue, they have enough capacity to reasonably recover (as they have plenty of flights to relocate pax between BNE-SYD-MEL). When they had flights to LAX and AUH with the same fleet, this type of cancellation would be a disaster.

I had friends flying this flight BNE-LAX and they were rerouted through SYD. The cancellation was known about 2 days in advance so some could have gone out a day earlier as well.

Last edited by CPMaverick; Mar 21, 2019 at 6:51 am
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Passengers would be moved to a different day or re-routed via SYD or MEL most likely. If no room on VA flights, then they would rely on DL, if DL is full, then people get rebooked on whatever seats VA can find.
As its a JV the DL flight is actually the same as the SYD and MEL VA flights so they actually just find any free space.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Happened to me some years ago - I was in front row Economy on VA2 and was moved to DL two weeks before the flight.

Meant I had to use the Skyclub in T5 rather the the better options that the NZ operated *A lounge at TBIT provided. To get a forward seat on that flight would have cost me USD135.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.