Wiki Posts
Search

Different bread in lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer
Different bread in lounges?

Don't laugh, I am seriously irritated by the bread they had for making toasted sandwiches at MEL domestic lounge the other day. The old bread was similar in size to the slices of cheese so it was a doddle to assemble a nice toasted sandwich. Now the bread is bigger and in my view lower quality, and requires some high-level tetris skills to get a decent coverage of fillings. 1) Is this a one off failure of supply or has the change been noticed elsewhere.? 2) Am I crazy to be so upset about this?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by onlySIA
Don't laugh, I am seriously irritated by the bread they had for making toasted sandwiches at MEL domestic lounge the other day. The old bread was similar in size to the slices of cheese so it was a doddle to assemble a nice toasted sandwich. Now the bread is bigger and in my view lower quality, and requires some high-level tetris skills to get a decent coverage of fillings. 1) Is this a one off failure of supply or has the change been noticed elsewhere.? 2) Am I crazy to be so upset about this?
April 1 was some days ago so I assume you're actually serious. I suggest you stamp your foot and shout at a passing food attendant next time you're in the lounge, along the lines of "Outrageous! I'll never fly VA again"
onlySIA likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by RTWFF
April 1 was some days ago
Actually this was travel on April 1, maybe it was a joke by the airline
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Maybe the cheese slices have shrunk?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
MEL lounge has reverted back to (I think) Helga wholemeal bread - standard sizing for toasties...
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
Cool

Originally Posted by onlySIA
2) Am I crazy to be so upset about this?
Not crazy but I think we are lucky to get a larger bread, no matter if its a bit lower quality.
We are lucky we still have bread.
Imagine if we only had drinks and peanuts!
That's my take on it anyway.
And we still have whole shelled eggs, and also eggs that appear with the bacon for breakfast.
And we get our grog at 11am, not having to wait till 12noon, and we can pay a noshy $65 for a good feed, ... if you play your cards right, you can get the full worth of it for that $65.
3 ciders, as many sangers as you want, coffee, biscuits, rice cakes... not a bad lot, the VA the Lounge.
And guaranteed entry with that payment.
Try that with the QP/QFd J lounge, even if you want to pay, you won't get entry if you have no status and not flying J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.