Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Run ideas

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Mileage Run ideas

I am VA Gold in Australia and need about 150 SC to get to platinum. I am in the USA from May18-25 and am considering doing a mileage run on DL to get to the 150. I understand my travel is just before Memorial Day weekend so probably not the best time to be planning this.

So I'm looking for advice from anyone who has done a run in the US and taken advantage of the generous SCs offered in W class (Comfort +) on Delta.

Any suggestions on what sort of flights i should be looking for out of LAX or surrounding airports? I have a lot of flexibility on this trip but do need to be in LA from late on May 23 through to my departure late on May 25
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Look to LAX-xSEA-PDX round trip in Comfort+ - 150 SC's from USD480.

You can do better.

Last edited by serfty; Feb 13, 2019 at 1:02 pm
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
HA has very cheap F fares which earn a lot of SC in a very short flight (inter-island). Maybe you can fly a cheap DL or HA to Hawaii and do a quick island hop in F during your layover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.