VA lounge domestic SYD crowded

Old Dec 5, 18, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P MM
VA lounge domestic SYD crowded

Yesterday (Wednesday) around 4:30 PM I went into the lounge. I could not find a place to sit. All seats were taken. I stood for a while, and then nabbed a seat as someone left. I was there until 6:40 PM. At that time, the crowd was thinning out and there were vacant chairs. It would be nice if there was room to sit. Pies and sweet potato chips were served. I had a chicken pie. It was very tasty. The pies and chips were a popular item as people queued for them, and the pies were regularly replenished.
Old Dec 5, 18, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Yesterday (Wednesday) around 4:30 PM I went into the lounge. I could not find a place to sit. All seats were taken. I stood for a while, and then nabbed a seat as someone left. I was there until 6:40 PM. At that time, the crowd was thinning out and there were vacant chairs. It would be nice if there was room to sit. Pies and sweet potato chips were served. I had a chicken pie. It was very tasty. The pies and chips were a popular item as people queued for them, and the pies were regularly replenished.
That and 6:30 AM are the peak times for the lounge as the commuters all wait for their flights. During the middle of the day it is like a ghost town.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Dec 5, 18, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
Was the upstairs area open?
Old Dec 6, 18, 9:56 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by serfty View Post
Was the upstairs area open?
Sometimes when that lounge is overcrowded I will ask the staff to wake up the manager and get him to open up the upstairs area, but invariably there's no-one around with that authority - it seems upstairs can only be opened according to a preplanned schedule, rather than when it is actually needed.
Old Dec 7, 18, 10:38 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Happens to most lounges around the world... Seen LH lounges in FRA virtually cracking in the seams...