Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Membership materials

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Membership materials

Having nothing better to do I thought I'd have a rant about posting out Velocity's membership materials. There is no option AFAIK to opt out of receiving a physical membership card even though I only ever use the one that's in the "wallet" on my phone. I'm a member of other loyalty programmes who have given up mailing out such membership materials in favour of the electronic update. I suppose the personalised baggage tag might be a Nice To Have, but all the bog standard printed matter is accessible by the (admittedly disgraceful) Velocity site
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I received my new Platinum card renewal just today. It's a single card, in a black envelope. No bag tags. No additional materials.

My current card had been giving me issues swiping at BP, and I'm going to the USA where they have always asked for my physical card for lounge access (I've never tried the electronic one, it might work too). So I was happy to get it.

Certainly I can't agree with any of your complaints. The renewal package was very modest and there are uses for a physical card. Or is there some alternative to swiping at BP?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
@RTWFF Was this you first card after qualifying a higher status level?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
It's a slow decline for me as I'm flying less and less rather than more and more. As I'm not a foolish person I don't own a car so swiping at BP isn't an issue, but if BP demands swiping rather than an e-Wallet it's way behind the times (almost as bad as FlyBuys in fact). Before anyone gets on their high horse, however, bear in mind my suggestion was an "opt out" not a mandatory removal

Last edited by RTWFF; Nov 29, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Can't you "opt out" by throwing it in the bin?
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by RTWFF
As I'm not a foolish person I don't own a car
I think this comment says it all. If you have no ability to see life from the perspective of others, then it makes sense why you are so easily offended by receiving a card in the mail when you didn't want one.

I'll remember not to assist you in the future so your cynicism about others can be more accurate.
vbroucek, shillard and RTWFF like this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Poor chap... can't afford a car!
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I'm sure he/she is carbon offsetting all their VA flights which have a sizeable carbon footprint.
vbroucek likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.