Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Domestic Velocity Lounge Access for DL Platinum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Velocity Lounge Access for DL Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
That is correct.

If you are arriving to SYD internationally on DL metal before your flight to NAN, you are entitled to use the Skyteam lounge. But that isn't a VA benefit, it is a DL benefit.
what kind of partnership that is when you do not have lounge access...
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
VA now has The House lounge at SYD. So I’d have thought that a DL platinum would be granted access if flying VA SYD-NAN in Y, no?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: VA Gold
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
VA now has The House lounge at SYD. So I’d have thought that a DL platinum would be granted access if flying VA SYD-NAN in Y, no?
The House is a third party lounge, VA still pays per user for entrance (or so goes common belief). So, I doubt it.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
The House is not a VA operated lounge.

Reports have confirmed no access at The House for DL elites (no change from previous policy).

Originally Posted by Ausriver
what kind of partnership that is when you do not have lounge access...
It's not ideal, but anytime there is a partnership (and not as part of an alliance), you need to look carefully at what is included. In this case the airlines agree to provide mutual access to the lounges they own. A VA elite won't get access flying DL, if DL is not operating the lounge. It's a good partnership in general, but not perfect. This type of arrangement is found in other airline partnerships as well.

Last edited by CPMaverick; Dec 24, 2018 at 1:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.