Wiki Posts
Search

VA to VA connection in CBR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
VA to VA connection in CBR

I've got an 50 minute VA to VA connection in CBR next week, single ticket (VA Reward Ticket).

Being an single ticket - do VA through check bags at CBR or will I need to collect them? Thinking with CBR being not really an transit airport by trade that VA might not transfer bags?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
If it's a single ticket, with you travelling AAA-xCBR-BBB then your bags will be checked AAA-xcbr-BBB.

i.e. You check them in at AAA and collect them at CCC.

You may even have time to spend 20-25 minutes at the CBR VA lounge as a Koru (It's a small port).

Last edited by serfty; Dec 30, 2017 at 4:26 pm
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
If it's a single ticket, with you travelling AAA-xCBR-BBB then your bags will be checked AAA-xBBB-CCC.

i.e. You check them in at AAA and collect them at CCC.
).
Thanks, yeah it is an single ticket issued by VA.

Was more worries about it being an smaller airport, if they had the ability to transfer connecting bags.

Take it CBR wouldn’t really be an airport that seems to much transit passengers.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Are there any airports that don't have the capability to transfer bags? The only time I've seen it not possible was due to immigration/customs or separate airlines/tickets.

Not saying your question is invalid, it just made me realize I've just always assumed any airport can transfer bags. Have you seen some that don't?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sure the SQ flight gives plenty of transit practice ...
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
I'm sure the SQ flight gives plenty of transit practice ...
Not really. The cans labelled SIN or WLG stay in the hold I would guess. Why take the cans out just to put them back in? This isn't the US. I wouldn't think many would use CBR as an entry point into Aussie for onward connections. (And the flight from WLG would arrive too late anyway for a pleasant onward connection, how many outbounds leave CBR after SQ arrives from WLG?)
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was more referring to those PAX on SQ heading to/from other ports services by VA from CBR - there have been some good deals via CBR rather than SYD/MEL.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
]
Not saying your question is invalid, it just made me realize I've just always assumed any airport can transfer bags. Have you seen some that don't?
Not yet - although tend to avoid checking bags unless I'm going on an longer trip.

Looks like VA1690 and VA274 are operated by the same aircraft just seperate flight numbers, so maybe not to uncommon to connect between this too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.