Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Priority Boarding when not in Business or 1st Class?

Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin, Qantas, Shangri La Hotels, Hilton Hotels

Is there any way to get Priority Boarding at the departure gate other than with Business or First Class tickets? Who else qualifies, and how?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
International? Domestic?

In either case, Velocity Platinum, Velocity Gold and equivalent elites of VA's partner airlines generally get Priority Boarding.
trooper likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:51 pm

As serfty said "Priority" boarding is for Biz (VA doesn't have First) AND for Status members of their own, and their partners FF programs.

Pre-Boarding is offered for folks with small children or physical challenges....and is before Priority boarding.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Duograph B15507
Is there any way to get Priority Boarding at the departure gate other than with Business or First Class tickets? Who else qualifies, and how?
Honestly who cares about priority boarding... What are the benefits? I cannot see any... I tend to board as late as possible... Who wants to sit in the aircraft waiting for the crowds to board... But then again, I am always in J or F...
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin, Qantas, Shangri La Hotels, Hilton Hotels
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Honestly who cares about priority boarding... What are the benefits? I cannot see any... I tend to board as late as possible... Who wants to sit in the aircraft waiting for the crowds to board... But then again, I am always in J or F...
Your opinion, not mine.
No worries, either way.
I'm eager to get seated.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by trooper
As serfty said "Priority" boarding is for Biz (VA doesn't have First) AND for Status members of their own, and their partners FF programs.
as well as premium economy and economy X seating, regardless of status or lack thereof.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Honestly who cares about priority boarding... What are the benefits? I cannot see any......
Those who travel carryon only in economy?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
For Economy passengers with lots of carry-ons then it's worthwhile just to grab space in the overhead lockers. An older friend of mine always bowls up for pre-boarding and is never declined. I think he may even make a point of chatting to the gate staff about wanting pre-boarding
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by RTWFF
For Economy passengers with lots of carry-ons then it's worthwhile just to grab space in the overhead lockers. An older friend of mine always bowls up for pre-boarding and is never declined. I think he may even make a point of chatting to the gate staff about wanting pre-boarding
Lots of carry-ons, being the keywords... If people did not try to bend rules and take more than they were allowed, life would be much easier for everyone...
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:05 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Lots of carry-ons, being the keywords... If people did not try to bend rules and take more than they were allowed, life would be much easier for everyone...
They make a matter created by the airlines worse, no doubt, but keep in mind there is 50 more passengers than bag capacity in a blue sky interior aircraft if everyone takes their allowance, and thats assuming all bins are useable which is not the case with Virgin. Reality is around half the passengers can be catered for, and no one wants their bags behind them when it comes to the arrival tidal flow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.