Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

U.K. Resident- how do I get FFP on Virgin Australia

Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC

We are travelling business to Auckland and on to Rarotonga shortly
Other segments are on emirates.
How can I get the points as Velocity isn't open to UK residents?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|HH Gold|DL Silver|ALL Silver|
You need to be resident of Australia, New Zealand or the South Pacific islands to be a member.

Or more specifically, you need a mailing address in one of those countries, if you knew someone you could use.

Your better alternative may be to credit it to one of their partner airline programs - https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.co...line-partners/

Given you are in the UK, perhaps Virgin Atlantic may be your best shot...
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can credit both VA and VS to DL, but this might not be a good choice for the OP.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Amlb
No but Virgin Flying Club is
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are travelling business to Auckland and on to Rarotonga shortly.
Other segments are on Emirates.
Does your flight have a VA flight number on a VA aircraft?
Look at http://www.wheretocredit.com/virgin-australia/j Assuming you are travelling J Business class
Several other airline ffps you can credit to.
Orphan ff miles are no use if you never get enough to use.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC
Thanks All
I think it will be the Virgin Flying Club as DL is useful but won't be so easy to use from the UK although Singapore does interest me too!
The links have been helpful too
Cheers AMLB
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
SQ is a good idea IF you will earn enough towards either status or an award ticket but be aware that SQ points expire 3 years from the date they're earned/credited whereas VS points will not expire as long as you have activity on your account which can come from flights or from one of the possible banking/financial earning opportunities as a UK resident this is pretty easy.

Thanks All
I think it will be the Virgin Flying Club as DL is useful but won't be so easy to use from the UK although Singapore does interest me too!
The links have been helpful too
Cheers AMLB
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
I was wondering about this question as well.

I have my 88 year-old father-in-law coming out to Australia from the UK next March for my daughter's wedding. He's already got a booking on SQ in J.

I was thinking that maybe I could sign him up for FF membership giving my address and have his membership family pooled to myself for the points and SC's.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cssaus
..I have my 88 year-old father-in-law coming out to Australia from the UK next March for my daughter's wedding. He's already got a booking on SQ in J.

I was thinking that maybe I could sign him up for FF membership giving my address and have his membership family pooled to myself for the points and SC's.
There is also to ff mile transfer option SQ to VA / VA to SQ (1:1.35). Then family pooling. Just do the calculation.
https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.co...login_required
https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.co...nts-transfers/
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
There is also to ff mile transfer option SQ to VA / VA to SQ (1:1.35). Then family pooling. Just do the calculation.
https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.co...login_required
https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.co...nts-transfers/
You can only xfer between the two frequent flyer programs if they are both in the same name.

Family pooling is better in that apart from getting the points the SC's go across as well.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:43 pm

availability of Delta awards using Velocity miles Vs Delta miles.

not looking to exotic premium cabin long haul. just pain old domestic coach, oh well maybe delta first.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
That's not quite true.

Delta has 13 daily flights from the UK (Heathrow, Edinburgh, Manchester and Glasgow), so has just about as many UK origins/destinations as VS has.

Additionally, with Delta Skymiles, you can book awards on Air France and KLM flights, which between them operate from a combined total of 16 UK airports, offering you a far greater network via AMS or CDG.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.