Carry on 7kg limit enforced?

Old Nov 26, 2016, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by jchock1
We are flying SYD-BKK next Feb. on a United award ticket, and need to take the first flight out of MEL to SYD with just one carry-on bag. There's both a Virgin Australia and a Qantas flight leaving at 6am and a jetstar at 6:20.
There's usually good award availability on TG MEL-BKK. You may be better off changing to fly out of MEL.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
If you are a QF customer on the day, you may be able to use the QF SYD airside inter terminal transfer.

If you are a VA customer on the day, you may be able to use the VA SYD land side inter terminal transfer.
For QF, it's a WILL be able to use the bus - regardless of who you are departing on as long as you arrive into SYD on QF then you can use it - but be sure to keep your inbound boarding pass as you will likely need it (normally they ask for baggage tags, but with only carryon luggage you obviously won't have any). However calling it an "airside" bus is a little generous - it does leave from airside, and it does drive through the airport, but it then drops you landside at international, so other than the fact it avoids traffic by going airside there's no real benefit to it being an airside bus.

For VA, I'll agree it's a may. The few times I've done it on multiple tickets I've been able to get a ticket to use it, but I've always had to ask, and it's never really been clear if they were just doing me a favor or not. As you said, this one is landside and it drives along the normal public streets between the airports, so it can take longer than the QF bus, especially if there's traffic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.