Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia's new A330, B777 business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Australia's new A330, B777 business class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Traveling BNE-LAX in the last week of August 2016. Based on recent postings it would appear that all 777 tails will be re-configured with the new J by then. Do I have the correct assumption or is there still a slight chance it may end up being old J?
Certainly the fourth aircraft, VH-VPE is back in the air now (although the scheduled 10pm departure is now 6am!) and VH-VOZ should be ready by the end of August:
http://lux-traveller.com/2016/virginaustralia-777-business-class.htm
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL
VH-VOZ still sitting in CWF - with under a week until it's due back in service and VA29/30 resumes from Abu Dhabi. With the flooding in this part of Louisiana where the refurb is underway I can't help but think the first flight resuming this service on Aug 31 AUH to SYD will be delayed.

Anyone care to speculate if Etihad will just takeover this flight? Will they cancel? Called the service desk and my tickets are still confirmed. The agent was clearly contract and didn't care to speculate.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Really enjoy the new J with one exception. In lie-flats mode it gets hot. Asked the pursuer and she told me yes this is a common issue but didn't know why. I then figured out it was hot in cradle position and figured out why. The vents on the floor where air is pumped through get blocked by the seat in bed mode. Thus there's no air flow and it can become hot. She told me she's seen some passengers start taking a small USB plug in fan out to keep cool. A pain but otherwise I really like the new setup. Especially like the way the table is positioned. No need to be neatly upright to use it like some J class.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:05 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Confirmed today via Twitter the new Business Class is 100% rolled out on all of their B777's & A330's. https://twitter.com/VirginAustralia/...34541599612928
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:27 am

Programs: Virgin Velocity
So.... has anyone got experience in the new Premium seats?

The cabin is smaller so less seats, has anyone experienced a full PE cabin now to LA or return to Aus?

When there were the 5 or so rows in PE on my last trip in March 2016, it seems half full so nicely spread out.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:17 pm

Does anyone know when the menus will be cycled out on LAX-SYD? The menu online is currently showing Summer 16, but we're now in Fall, so wondering if what I'm seeing will actually be on my flight this Sunday.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Frindle
Does anyone know when the menus will be cycled out on LAX-SYD? The menu online is currently showing Summer 16, but we're now in Fall, so wondering if what I'm seeing will actually be on my flight this Sunday.
Any luck on finding recent menus? I'll be flying this route soon myself.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:53 pm

Hey gang complete VA newb here but will round trip LAX - SYD in Jan/Feb 17. I'm in business but my travel partner is in Econ. Can we both hang out I the bar area during the flight?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gilkman
Hey gang complete VA newb here but will round trip LAX - SYD in Jan/Feb 17. I'm in business but my travel partner is in Econ. Can we both hang out I the bar area during the flight?
No unfortunately your travel partner cannot even cross into the Premium Y cabin either so the person wouldn't even be able to peak through the curtains to see into the J cabin.

You on the other hand can travel back into the Y cabin.

The crew are very strict about this and Ive witnessed countless times where one person in J is asking if their partner in Premium can come to the bar for a drink. Its always a NO. This is the exclusive "The Business" for a reason. There isn't that much room at the bar for only a fraction of the J guests especially on the busy leg heading to LAX
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:32 pm

Thanks Wander! I guess I won't even try any hijinx :-)
Old Dec 28, 2016, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by jewree
Any luck on finding recent menus? I'll be flying this route soon myself.
Sorry, I'm not on FT regularly. I'm sure you've flown already, but I had a Pork Schnitzel, which wasn't the best. Catering is trying to be WAY too fancy, and lacks any basic options. We didn't even have a chicken/steak option, it was basically pork or veggie.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
https://www.virginaustralia.com/nz/e.../2016/va-wifi/

I am hoping to do LAX-SYD-LAX late in 2017. I know it is impossible to guess if my flights will have Wifi, but is there any information about the carrier and costs?

I have done well with Gogo in DL flights in the past including LAX-SYD in terms of price so my expectations might be unrealistic.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I would suspect there is little chance of being able to rely on having in Flight WiFi on VA transpacific in 2017.
The fleet-wide upgrade is expected to take "a couple of years", Virgin Australia CEO John Borghetti said during a media event in Los Angeles.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I am finally confirmed in VA #2 (LAX-SYD) in late Nov after DL did schedule change that let me get the aircraft I wanted.

I am now too late for 1A so is there a thread about 777W seat preferences in J when going solo?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:12 am

Programs: Virgin Velocity
Any window seat Xeno on the 777...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.