Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Australia - email address

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Virgin Australia - email address

Hi can anyone help me with an email address for Virgin Australia?

Foolishly I complained to Velocity thinking that as a Gold member they would assist me with a billing complaint.

Sadly after waiting 5 weeks they have washed their hands of this and referred me back to the airline.

Won't bore you all with the detail - but the main issue is I bid $3k (US) to upgrade some PE flights to upper (Sydney - LAX) and despite not having the bid accepted and being notified same my credit card was charged anyway - which is in direct contradiction to the stated T&C's.

Amazingly Velocity appear uninterested here!

Needless to say I traveled PE and am distinctly unimpressed.

any help welcomed.

thanks

Andrew
Old Jun 14, 2014, 1:12 am

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Velocity are the airline. Velocity and Virgin Australia are the same company.

Have you called the Gold line? They are generally pretty good. Are you still out for the 3k or has it been refunded?

Secondly, can i check that you emailed the gold [at] velocityrewards.com.au email address?
Old Jun 14, 2014, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
Velocity are the airline. Velocity and Virgin Australia are the same company.

Have you called the Gold line? They are generally pretty good. Are you still out for the 3k or has it been refunded?

Secondly, can i check that you emailed the gold [at] velocityrewards.com.au email address?
Yep, emailed and called the Gold team and after 4 weeks they have pushhed back saying they cannot assist. Pretty shocking service tbh..

Ive got the funds back now but am still out of pocket due to a currency fuctuation, charge being in US dollars .

Andrew
Old Jun 14, 2014, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should have immediately disputed the transaction with your credit card provider.
In these cases with currency fluctuations some times you win & some times you lose.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
You should have immediately disputed the transaction with your credit card provider.
In these cases with currency fluctuations some times you win & some times you lose.

Agreed - however was unaware the transaction had gone thru until statement time - why would I? After all VA make it crystal clear that they will not charge your card unless the bid to upgrade is accepted.

Silly me - I actually believed that!

So does no one know of an email address?

Andrew
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:07 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Why would a SYD-LAX upgrade be charged in USD?

Dave
Old Jun 14, 2014, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thadocta
Why would a SYD-LAX upgrade be charged in USD?

Dave
no idea TBH,

presumed it was because the booking originated out of LAX.

i.e. LAX - SYD out and SYD - LAX return

Andrew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.