Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Does Domestic Short-Haul Business get Lounge Access?

Old Mar 10, 2014, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass

I'm flying LAX-BNE this week, then BNE-SYD early next week and SYD-LAX several days later -- all in business.

Will we get lounge access on the BNE-SYD segment -- either since we are flying that leg in Business, or because it is part of an international long-haul Business ticket?

Thanks,
Greg
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GregL
I'm flying LAX-BNE this week, then BNE-SYD early next week and SYD-LAX several days later -- all in business.

Will we get lounge access on the BNE-SYD segment -- either since we are flying that leg in Business, or because it is part of an international long-haul Business ticket?

Thanks,
Greg
Yes, because you are travelling from BNE-SYD in business class
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
More generally speaking - in Australia, no matter whether travelling on VA or QF: if you're in J and there is a lounge available at the port of departure, you'll have access to it.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 2:40 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
You will get lounge access but you may want to limit your expectations to avoid being disappointed by the experience.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:36 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Mr H is correct if the food in the SYD and PER lounges is anything to go by...

Decidedly average I have to say and rather clinical.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Compared with US lounges, the lounges are good IMHO.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mr H
You will get lounge access but you may want to limit your expectations to avoid being disappointed by the experience.
OP is US-based. Any Australian lounge is going to blow away what's available in a similar situation in the US.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.