Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not making the cut

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2013, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Not making the cut

I've had a quiet(er) year with VA mainly because some of the domestic trips went QF's way. So I will be 30SC short of re-qualifying for Gold. Will VA waive this? Otherwise will it be a case of dropping back to Silver, then having to get 100SC on top to re-achieve Gold?

Unfortunately, impending overseas travel means no status runs despite trying -and failing to get SQ/EY into the mix.

Last edited by edy4eva; Sep 16, 2013 at 4:36 pm
Old Sep 17, 2013, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
They have been known to comp status - many of the matched ones of two years ago were comped again last year.

I have seen reports elsewhere of this happening but really the only way to be sure is to fly.

What date does your SG status run out? When were the firs of your 370 SC's earned?

Note that with the rolling qualification and soft landing, you would drop to PS - and get back to SG if you can increase your 12 month s
Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
They have been known to comp status - many of the matched ones of two years ago were comped again last year.

I have seen reports elsewhere of this happening but really the only way to be sure is to fly.

What date does your SG status run out? When were the firs of your 370 SC's earned?

Note that with the rolling qualification and soft landing, you would drop to PS - and get back to SG if you can increase your 12 month s
Review date is end of September. I think I've earnt most of my SC's late last year/early this year. Given this I think should requalify for Gold once I take a flight with the mid/late October (booked in flex return).

If I was able to fit in a flight I'd have done so. It's proven really hard to be honest, specially with having good value BAEC redemptions on QF.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:18 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
I'd say its unlikely you would get comped being 30 off. 5 off, probably, 10 off, maybe, but not 30.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 5:51 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by smit0847
I'd say its unlikely you would get comped being 30 off. 5 off, probably, 10 off, maybe, but not 30.
We'll see. I was 5 off a renewal, and now I'm in the no mans land of being assessed.

(If they drop me down, no real problem as I'll likely be able to regain by the end of Nov)
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
At what point in October so they usually indicates what level you are at?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by ozstamps
At what point in October so they usually indicates what level you are at?
Once you pass your review date, there is a 14 day period where you go into being assessed. If you are going to be dropped, it will be at the end of that 14 day period when you'll find out.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Merci.

Accounts still shows as Plat.

We have a few confirmable upgrades left in each accounts so if "Review Date" was Sept 30, we can apply those to Flexi fares for almost next 2 weeks you imagine?

Glen
Old Oct 2, 2013, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No matter what happens with the review - those domestic confirmable upgrades WILL disappear if not applied.

The max you will have if you continue as WP will be 4. If you do not continue as WP and drop to SG then you would have 0.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by perthite
We'll see. I was 5 off a renewal, and now I'm in the no mans land of being assessed.

(If they drop me down, no real problem as I'll likely be able to regain by the end of Nov)
Phew - got renewed being 5 SC short
Old Oct 11, 2013, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by perthite
Phew - got renewed being 5 SC short
Congratulations!

May your ("The") Lounge access continue.

Last edited by serfty; Oct 11, 2013 at 9:41 pm
Old Oct 11, 2013, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
Congratulations!

My your ("The") Lounge access continue.
That it does

(more hot dogs for me)
Old Oct 12, 2013, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Down to Silver and now shows that I need another 130SC and 4 flights to regain Gold.
Something to note, all my flights with the exception of the AMEX complimentary ones were flex, with about quarter in Business.
VA doesn't take this into consideration.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

130 Sc's and 4 "flights" means in the last "12 months" you have earned 370 SC's, but not on VA.

The four flights requirement is not very onerous - with fore planning I'm sure you could get some CBR travel on VA amounting to that.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Down to Silver and now shows that I need another 130SC and 4 flights to regain Gold.
Something to note, all my flights with the exception of the AMEX complimentary ones were flex, with about quarter in Business.
VA doesn't take this into consideration.
It's taken into consideration in the SC calculation for a given flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.