Wiki Posts
Search

Miles from Virgin Atlantic flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Miles from Virgin Atlantic flights

Does anyone have any experience receiving Velocity points from Virgin Atlantic flights?

Velocity doesn't show up on the drop-down menus on the Virgin Atlantic website for entering your frequent flyer number, and the Velocity site says to wait 14 days before lodging a retro points claim.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
My (one) experience is that they credited without prompting around a week after the flight.

Did you or do you have your Velocity number linked to the booking?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

I haven't booked yet, this is for a flight I'm looking to book in the next couple of months.

I've just seen that they do have Velocity as a FF option on the Virgin Atlantic booking page, so good to know that they post promptly. Thanks for the quick response.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 4:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
I'm still hoping see miles and status post from Little Red. The first of the three Little Red sectors I've taken was only a week ago, so there's still plenty of hope.

I'm just fearful of a loophole with the small 'operated by EI' subtext even though the planes are red, the staff are red, and they're only bookable as a VS flight or an NZ codeshare on a VS flight.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by adl73x
I'm still hoping see miles and status post from Little Red. The first of the three Little Red sectors I've taken was only a week ago, so there's still plenty of hope.

I'm just fearful of a loophole with the small 'operated by EI' subtext even though the planes are red, the staff are red, and they're only bookable as a VS flight or an NZ codeshare on a VS flight.
I can't see that they wouldn't post - for all intents and purposes, they are VS flights - but please report back to let us know.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Are Little Red flights also sold under the EI code? In which case the old "You cannot earn Points on codeshare flights other than those operated by Virgin Australia." disclaimer would probably apply.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
Are Little Red flights also sold under the EI code? In which case the old "You cannot earn Points on codeshare flights other than those operated by Virgin Australia." disclaimer would probably apply.
I can't see that EI place their code on any of the Little Red flights I've just looked up (MAN-LHR flights VS 3046, 3042, 3048 and 3044) .. so they should credit as per normal.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
I'd say you will get the points... they are VS flights for all intensive purposes.

It is likely to be the usual VS IT gremlins preventing the autocredit.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ANstar
I'd say you will get the points... they are VS flights for all intensive purposes.

It is likely to be the usual VS IT gremlins preventing the autocredit.
What are these gremlins you speak of? Do they slow down the posting of VS flights to VA?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 5:13 pm

Maybe. Still waiting for points from 10 April and after.
Old May 31, 2013, 3:25 am

Success! After retro claiming, all my first lot of VS Little Red sectors have finally credited to Velocity.

Travel in B class economy successfully earned 750 points and 20 status credits per sector.

The earliest flight was 10 April, credited 31 May.

I'm now waiting for the next retro claim to work its way through the system.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

adl73x how long did you wait before you submitted your retro claim? It's been over 2 weeks now and I haven't seen any of my flights credit...
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
adl73x how long did you wait before you submitted your retro claim? It's been over 2 weeks now and I haven't seen any of my flights credit...
For the first 5 sectors, I waited 2 weeks before submitting the claim. For the last 4 sectors - as it seems something is broken in expecting them to credit otherwise - I submitted them straight after taking the flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.