Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transition to Sabre

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Don't try booking a flight with a friend/colleague of a lower status - seat selection defaults to lowest common denominator.
As a Plat booking for Plat/Gold could only select from Row 7.

Also no way to Modify seat selection online after initial selection.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by moa999
Don't try booking a flight with a friend/colleague of a lower status - seat selection defaults to lowest common denominator.
As a Plat booking for Plat/Gold could only select from Row 7.

Also no way to Modify seat selection online after initial selection.
The trick, apparently, is to not enter the FF details for those of lower status on the booking until after you have selected the seat. I hope and expect that this is a transitional bug.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
qwertyuiop - I would hope so.

On other issues:

Almost the entire Virgin frontpage is disabled by the Default config in AdBlockPlus (Firefox)

Also managed to Change a seat selection (within 48 hrs of flight) using the online check-in...
This is not updated on the View Itinerary page on the main website.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
Originally Posted by moa999
Also managed to Change a seat selection (within 48 hrs of flight) using the online check-in...
This is not updated on the View Itinerary page on the main website.
I've seen this happen on other carriers as well - means that the departure control systems don't talk back to the main reservation systems. Basically, once check-in opens, the seating maps probably aren't to be trusted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.