FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Australia | Velocity (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity-682/)
-   -   Did you get your new card yet? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity/1394574-did-you-get-your-new-card-yet.html)

Richard1148 Oct 5, 2012 12:20 pm

Did you get your new card yet?

Like many of you, I did the status match last year and my year was up 5 Sept. I received an email a couple of weeks ago letting me know that I was downgraded from Plat to Gold and that my new card would be arriving soon. The 30 day grace period of my original Plat status is over today, but no sign of the new Gold card yet. Have others who have their status anniversary received their new card from VA?

cityflyer369 Oct 5, 2012 2:03 pm

I have received my new card, about 10 days before the expiry date of the old one.

serfty Oct 5, 2012 5:58 pm

I never received an email (6th Sept expiry), but on line it showed me being downgraded to Gold arounf the 20th. On the 27th I received a new pack with new card.

VH-RMD Oct 5, 2012 11:06 pm

apparently mine is waiting for me in Australia.

Richard1148 Oct 5, 2012 11:21 pm

Thanks for the replies. It look like I might need to contact VA if my card does not show up in a few days.

shillard Oct 7, 2012 12:01 am

Plat again, no card yet.

adl73x Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Plat again also. No new card yet. The old one expired 2nd Sept.

Latitudes Oct 13, 2012 12:21 am

Plat again. New card arrived Wednesday or Thursday this week.

adl73x Oct 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by adl73x (Post 19480124)
Plat again also. No new card yet. The old one expired 2nd Sept.

Have new Plat card now. Turned up in plain envelope attached to a single piece of paper, at the same time as Mrs adl73x got the Gold Box kit with luggage tags and everything for not remaking plat.

edy4eva Oct 14, 2012 12:52 am

Gold again, review date was supposed to be 28 SEP. Last night it showed that I re qualified and that should receive the card shortly.

notzac Oct 14, 2012 2:12 am

I think my new card arrived about two weeks after the old one expired. Would have been nice if it arrived two weeks before .. but it really doesn't matter either way, seeing as I didn't need it at the time.

LOLABUNNY Oct 20, 2012 4:25 am

Mine is due anytime soon.I think I may be demoted back to Red.

shillard Oct 21, 2012 3:48 pm

New Plat card arrived about 3-4 weeks after expiry of the old one.

Kiwias Oct 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Does anyone know if I can still use my old Velocity Gold card to access the Air NZ Koru lounge this weekend (see below) flying domestically with Air NZ?

I've just received an update from Velocity to say that I've been downgraded from Gold to Silver. However, on my Velocity Gold card, it says that the card is still valid for 30 days beyond the expiry date, which would take me to mid Nov 2012. Not sure which takes precedence for the lounge access, so any advice would be appreciated.

edy4eva Oct 24, 2012 5:29 am

Got our cards today. So just 10 days from being notified of the renewal.
Just wanted to know if the upgrade to platinum is on rolling basis? let's say I hit the 1k mark (counting flights taken in the last 10 months), will I get upgraded?