FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Australia | Velocity (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity-682/)
-   -   Free drinks for adults only? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity/1370833-free-drinks-adults-only.html)

Bluesky Jul 26, 2012 2:24 am

Free drinks for adults only?

When I flew on Virgin Australia, I had free meals and drinks. I was so shocked to hear that wine and water are free whereas soft drinks and juices are for sale. What's wrong with that?? lol

I feel that it's not fair for the kids and others. They should give them free drinks for them as well.

Your thoughts?

trooper Jul 26, 2012 4:13 am

Why can't kids drink water?

Dontprocrastinateaviate Jul 26, 2012 4:21 am

hahaha, love it trooper!

bluesky, everything is free international long haul. well all inclusive really, because its included in cost of the ticket.

VA provides free booze on weekday domestic flights between state capital cities 4pm to 7pm. These flights are predominantly 'business' flights, so not many kids onboard (although some business types have been known to act like them). i've never knocked back the free booze when offered, but im sure you could ask for a soft drink. Whether you'd get it, im not sure

Bluesky Jul 27, 2012 6:38 am

lol... sorry i mean...

We know that kids don't like water - they like soft drinks and juice more than water.

Soft drinks aren't free either.

lokijuh Jul 27, 2012 9:55 am

I wondered that too, if true definite favoritism for the non-teetotalers! A bit like in lounges where you can imbibe in a huge variety of bottled beers or some reasonable wines, yet if you want a coke it's cheap cheap cheap and you have to put up with crappy post-mix (not the only guilty party on this score).

TPJ Jul 28, 2012 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Bluesky (Post 19003981)
I was so shocked to hear that wine and water are free whereas soft drinks and juices are for sale. What's wrong with that?? lol

QF serves free wine/beer on CityFlyer flights after 4pm weekdays. To compete for corporate traffic DJ matched this offer... But as a low cost carrier they charge for soft drinks (other than water/tee/coffee), so you have a pretty unique situation when you are 'forced' to drink alcohol:D

thadocta Jul 28, 2012 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 19017054)
QF serves free wine/beer on CityFlyer flights after 4pm weekdays. To compete for corporate traffic DJ matched this offer... But as a low cost carrier they charge for soft drinks (other than water/tee/coffee), so you have a pretty unique situation when you are 'forced' to drink alcohol:D

Yeah, they have to hold me down and force my mouth open to make me consume it. :D

Dave