Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone flew into LAX recently?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Too many
Anyone flew into LAX recently?

Off to LA next week and haven't flown there for a while.

What's the situation with Terminal 3 and 5 with Virgin? Any tips, hints or anything I should know about?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:37 am

Are you flying to LAX only. If so there are no tips and things to be on the lookout for. T-5 is much better than TBIT as you basically have one other flight, a DL Tokyo flight, to deal with regarding immigration and customs. It's a bit of a hike from the plane to immigration, that's about it.

T-3 is T-3, same as before.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 6:56 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
For a major entry way in to the United States of America, LAX is not somewhere where I'd have high expectations.

I'd allow extra time in case of slow immigration. The food choices are getting a bit better but not my a large amount.

Wolfgang Puck Express now in Terminal 7.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
For a major entry way in to the United States of America, LAX is not somewhere where I'd have high expectations.

I'd allow extra time in case of slow immigration. The food choices are getting a bit better but not my a large amount.

Wolfgang Puck Express now in Terminal 7.
Since the OP is flying VA just pop into the In-N-Out first. T-3 should get a little less crowded soon as Alaska is moving to T-6.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Nugget_Oz
Since the OP is flying VA just pop into the In-N-Out first. T-3 should get a little less crowded soon as Alaska is moving to T-6.
Does anyone know what is happening with lounge access after Alaska move out - I am booked to fly out of LAX on the 17th April, which I understand is after Alaska leave the building.

Matt
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by AN-Diamond
Does anyone know what is happening with lounge access after Alaska move out - I am booked to fly out of LAX on the 17th April, which I understand is after Alaska leave the building.
Matt
Two possibilities:

1. Virgin America (VX) has announced they will be opening a lounge at LAX - I'll bet it's in the AS location.

2. Also, I had read here that VA would also begin departures from T5 starting in April. Link: http://www.ausbt.com.au/v-australia-...ocity-upgrades

So that would mean DL SkyClub.

MO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.