Considering my first Status run.

Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:22 am
`X'
Original Poster

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Considering my first Status run.

So with the Business fares at double SC at the moment I am considering my first SC run.

Ive worked out my best option for a same day turn is probably either BNE-SYD-MKY-BNE with the SYD-MKY segment as the J segment or I could go BNE-CNS-BNE for something really boring and only about $20 cheaper.

Obviously the BNE-CNS-BNE will be easier due to schedule as the plane that goes up will turn around and come back.

where as the MKY run will be more interesting and probably a little bit more fun for an #avgeek like me.

Opinions?

I am 280 SC short of Gold Requal but I have till August to do this. I've got a bit of travelling to do before August so have a bit of SC coming in, but is it worth the $500 to boost the balance?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: Too many
Be good to see the lounge in Mky for a short stop. Have you booked these to maximize the double credits? Have you calculated how many, as reading elsewhere depending or interlining certain sections may give you less than what you're hoping for.
It sounds like an easy MR and surely you would keep status by August?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:40 am
`X'
Original Poster

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Booked it all last night.

Doing the MKY status run. three seperate direct sectors. BNE - SYD, SYD-MKY and MKY to BNE

only 1 sector in J the other 2 in Y. The way i figure it, i have lounge access in MKY and BNE so whats the point of a quick hop in J. Plus i have 3A on both sectors and 1A for the J sector. And yep just to get the Double Status Credits is pretty much the only reason.

Pretty much I have a possible impending move to SEA which could throw plans in the works of requalifying easy!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:08 pm
`X'
Original Poster

Well today is the day..

My first ever status run.

Flying BNE-SYD-MKY-BNE today

If anyone is around the lounges im happy to guest in, look for the Purple Washington Huskies Shirt and the Flyertalk Tag.

happy to chat any time

ill also be on twitter as well so drop me a line if your around @bigmalx
Old Feb 10, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Good luck. Following on twitter
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:32 am
`X'
Original Poster

First Day of status running is done!

3 sectors, had the entire J Cabin of the SYD-MKY flight to myself which was pretty awesome (hell most of the flight was empty really).
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: Too many
Originally Posted by `X'
First Day of status running is done!

3 sectors, had the entire J Cabin of the SYD-MKY flight to myself which was pretty awesome (hell most of the flight was empty really).
Very cool!
Don't forget to write up a trip report!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:06 am
`X'
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jinxy
Very cool!
Don't forget to write up a trip report!
Working on it as we speak. My website version will be up tonight, a full flyertalk one with 2 weekends of Avgeek goodness will be up probably friday when I have time to manage the photos etc.

There will be good bits, there will be bad bits, but I will be honest and thankfully I dont have to hold my tongue on this one
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:30 am
`X'
Original Poster

All the points Just posted!!

Total points earned over both Status runs (BNE-AKL/SYD-BNE & BNE-SYD-MKY-BNE/BNE-ROK) is 13991 (including gold bonus) just waiting for the parking points to hit as well as that should help out. But the main thing is status credits!

Total SC earned over both trips:

175!

im 90 short of requal now. And considering one more run over easter to boost it just in case!...

Photos are up from the weekend:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1093460...eat=directlink

and the Trip Review should be up friday in full in the TR section.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.