The Lounge Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
No, as you are not a VA gold holder.

The EY relationship with VA extends to travel on VA, not DL.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Effective December 19th, Business Class and Platinum members now have access to the new Etihad First and Business Class Lounge @ LAX.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Lounge Chart:
Attached Images  
Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Just a positive note on how easy upgrades are on Flex Fares for Syd->OOL
19.6K points for 2 people round trip upgraded is exceptional value for a trip I just booked for April

I wish upgrades on UA were this easy....
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: Velocity
Hi, I've recently achieved Velocity Gold status and will be flying economy with my wife, 7yo and 5yo, from Melbourne to Singapore. Based on my status, I know I can bring my wife as a guest to Singapore Airline's Melbourne lounge but unsure if my children can enter? Can anyone advise? Cheers
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Officially children are counted as a guest.

Look towards the bottom here for Singapore Airlines: http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en...lounge-access/

As always, it may not hurt to try. YMMV
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
An update on lounge access for VA Gold & Platinum members when traveling to and from HNL on Hawaiian Airlines.

Firstly, for flights from BNE to HNL there is no lounge access at all.

From SYD to HNL access is to the SkyTeam Exclusive Lounge but only if you're flying on a VA codeshare service, not on a HA flight number.

From HNL to either BNE or SYD access is to the Delta SkyClub lounge and there's no prerequisite on having to be ticketed on a VA codeshare flight.

Lounge access rules for Hawaiian are definitely weird!!
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by serfty
No, as you are not a VA gold holder.

The EY relationship with VA extends to travel on VA, not DL.
I am flying PER-MEL in J and wife (and daugther) are in Y....brave man I know. I assume I will have to pay for the wife to access the lounge in PER as I have no VA status and J ticket doesn't give you the ability to guest?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

... you may always ask pleasantly ... if denied then so be it.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by serfty
... you may always ask pleasantly ... if denied then so be it.
As I expected...no harm in asking I guess. Thanks for the prompt response!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: Velocity
Originally Posted by ikslee
Hi, I've recently achieved Velocity Gold status and will be flying economy with my wife, 7yo and 5yo, from Melbourne to Singapore. Based on my status, I know I can bring my wife as a guest to Singapore Airline's Melbourne lounge but unsure if my children can enter? Can anyone advise? Cheers
Hi Iskee,
Could you please let us know if you were able to access the lounge with your wife and kids. I am in the same boat and travelling next month from Sydney to Bangalore via Singapore. Looking at option to avail Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold Lounge at Singapore with family. I have Velocity Gold Status.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Lounge Access Flying Delta Business

Just flew LAX-SYD-Ayers Rock. LAX-SYD was in Delta Business. For the Ayers Rock leg, my wife had a Business ticket and I was in economy on VA. I was not allowed access to the lounge in the Domestic Terminal in Sydney because of my onward continuing economy flight.

However, they did ask me about credit cards and when I showed them my American Express Platinum card I was allowed in, which I don't think is valid.

Flew 2 other flights within Australia on Qantas in economy and much preferred Qantas.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
Effective December 19th, Business Class and Platinum members now have access to the new Etihad First and Business Class Lounge @ LAX.
Thanks for your post as it clarifies my confusion in a DL thread that made me think VA biz got me in the Emirates Lounge rather than Etihad at LAX TBIT.

During the Thanksgiving weekend, I will be flying DL D1 ticket (OKC-ATL-LAX) with VA biz LAX-SYD-AKL. I am stuck for 5 hours at LAX and am looking forward to a nice lounge.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The current access can be found here:

https://www.virginaustralia.com/au/e...lounge-access/

Note that with changes this weekend, you, as a "the business" passenger to SYD will have access to the Emirates lounge before your flight. (This changes from the Etihad Lounge.)

How long you may get access depends on when the lounge opens and your ability to get a boarding pass - the EK lounge would close after the sole daily flight boards (~3pm) unless the lounge is used for other airlines. Since the VA flight is much later the lounge may not open until ~3 hours before.
Xeno likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I certainly hope to gain access to the EK lounge as it looks like a good fit for my interests.

Thanks for painting such a complete picture.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.