Wiki Posts
Search

business class 737

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
business class 737

Hi - is there a way to tell in advance if your 737 flight has new business class cabin.

I have noticed on 2 upcoming seat map flights for Dec it shows the premium cabin as 2 x 2 rather than 3 x 3 (with the middle seat marked n/a). If it shows 2x2 does this mean the bird is fitted with new business class seating?
Old Nov 26, 2011, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
There's a whole thread on this on AFF. Up until about a month ago the was a relatively simple and reliable method; however in recent times it's become a bit less precise, mainly due to the semi refitted DJ aircraft out there (i.e. On the front cabin has been upgraded).

See here: How to tell if you are on an aircraft with the new cabin...
Old Dec 15, 2011, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems with a mix of old (PE), refitted and BSI the presence of a Left/port/ABC side bulkhead in front of row 1A/B/C indicates the new Business seating rather than PE. The BSI aircraft do not generally have the N/A in the B/E columns, just a 'blank' space.

"Old" PE seating:

"New" Business Seating:

OR

Last edited by serfty; Dec 16, 2011 at 6:54 pm
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:19 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
unless you join that site, you cannot view the images...
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:19 am

Programs: Too many
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
unless you join that site, you cannot view the images...

We all need to make this forum the first stop for info on Velocity instead of people always referring back to other sites

Serfty is correct with that info...are you able to post the images on here? They are not showing up
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It would help if FT would fix their galleries and allow image uploads to be successful. I have fixed the links. I'll continue to refer to both sites as appropriate.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:15 pm

Programs: Too many
Originally Posted by serfty
It would help if FT would fix their galleries and allow image uploads to be successful. I have fixed the links. I'll continue to refer to both sites as appropriate.
Great, can see the pics now. Many thanks Serfty!
Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
The last 3 flights I have asked check in or Lounge if the plane is a new or old config.

EACH time they ummed and aaahed and said it really is not shown to them. It 2 or the 3 cases there were 2 staffers playing around the screen to check.

The last flight a week ADL-SYD back the girl wrestled with it and said "YES - it is the new config."

Very nice as we had been ungraded.

You guessed it - OLD config once we boarded.

So if staff are unsure, it seems very hit and miss.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
From my limited experience DJ seem to swap aircraft fairly frequently so I don't get too excited until I am on board. However in "Premium" there is little difference IMHO between new and old from a practical perspective and I am happy with either. At least old has IFE.

This is not a criticism but a personal value that I have found both new and old to be fine for short haul flying. I would avoid both for anything trans-con however or international.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.