FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Australia | Velocity (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity-682/)
-   -   Strange: BP shows old status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity/1258327-strange-bp-shows-old-status.html)

TheAirman Sep 13, 2011 12:08 am

Strange: BP shows old status

Hi there,

had a 'strange' incident yesterday. Was on a flight booked (previous match from silver to plat) and my boarding pass was linked to my account/number, but it showed silver instead of platinum.
I had no problems getting into the lounge and so, but the question is: Is the status at time of booking relevant for the actual flight.
I m just imagining making bookings just before loosing plat status and then still receiving any benefits of it, though being of 'lower status'. ;)

Brisflyer Sep 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Happened to me when I achieved silver and again when achieved gold. The lounge angel said it can take up to 5 days for all the systems to recognise the new status. Was cheerily allowed access to the lounge and put a call into the gate to ensure I was not denied priority boarding :).

goback Sep 27, 2011 6:51 pm

I had this with a booking made aeons ago. It caused a bit of confusion at the premium checkin at SYD, but a quick check of the systems (I didn't have the Plat card at that stage) showed everything was ok.
I was also greeted with the Platinum package (status comp from AA EXP) on my return home, a nice surprise even though I can't bear to put on 'elite' luggage tags.

serfty Sep 27, 2011 6:54 pm

Some reports on AFF indicate the refresh of status might not be automatic.

cavemanzk Oct 3, 2011 1:32 am

I don't think that DJ systems are up to scratch with displaying status.

Ive had my NZ Koru display as Velocity Gold on a boarding pass!

brenrox Oct 3, 2011 2:17 am

Originally Posted by TheAirman (Post 17099596)
Hi there,

had a 'strange' incident yesterday. Was on a flight booked (previous match from silver to plat) and my boarding pass was linked to my account/number, but it showed silver instead of platinum.
I had no problems getting into the lounge and so, but the question is: Is the status at time of booking relevant for the actual flight.
I m just imagining making bookings just before loosing plat status and then still receiving any benefits of it, though being of 'lower status'. ;)

I believe on NZ if you book a flight whilst *S, and then become *G after the booking, the BP will still show *S, unless manually changed by admin staff.

qwertyuiop Oct 3, 2011 5:52 pm

I had the same issue with my wife yesterday. She was flying the return leg of a flight from MEL-NTL. On the way up, travelling solo, her BP showed her [partner] Gold status, on the way back it still showed her earlier Red Status although as she was travelling with me (Plat) it made no practical difference. I assume the system involved some kind of manual override on the way up when she checked in using her gold card but on the way back i handled the check in.