Booking system limitations

Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Booking system limitations

Hi everyone,

I'm new to DJ, and am hoping someone can help me with a booking that I am trying to make.

I want to travel from Melbourne to Perth via Sydney on 26/9, and back on the reverse routing on 28/9. The problem is, when I look up these dates on thud website, it only provides me with a limited number of combinations for such a routing.

Specifically, I want to travel on DJ849 to Sydney, and then DJ565 to Perth. On the way back I want to go on DJ560 to Sydney and DJ890 to Melbourne. In each case, the website only shows the later PER/SYD flights.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this on the DJ website without making four separate bookings, or am I going to have to head to a travel agent?

Many thanks,

Fraser
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:27 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
ring them, they do not charge extra for operator assisted bookings (unlike others).
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your advice. I just called them, and it seems that they could only do the same thing as what I was seeing on the website.

When I search as above, the only option through Sydney is as follows:

That itinerary, when booked as a flexi, comes up at $389 each way (which is the same cost as SYD-PER)

The only way the agent on the phone could get me on the flights I wanted was to book each flight separately, meaning that the total cost was higher (by the cost of the MEL/SYD flight).

Has anyone got any ideas how this can be got around, so that I can pay the $389 but get on the earlier flights?

Cheers
          Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:32 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
          I do not think it is limitation. It is by design. They offer you el cheapo MEL-PER under the condition that you fly on specific flights. If you want different flights, you must pay more. This is normal practice with many airlines. For example, one can buy SYD-FRA (on LH/TG) via BKK for two different amounts (up to 15% difference) depending which flights one takes on return leg. One option has only few hours wait in BKK the other one (the cheaper, of course!) has 15 hours layover... And of course, if you wanted to book it as four sectors, then the price can be more than double...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.