FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club-506/)
-   -   Celebrities et al on VS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club/810227-celebrities-et-al-vs.html)

Whites718 Apr 7, 2008 3:33 pm

Celebrities et al on VS

So I saw this thread on the BA thread and thought we could do better.

Who have we seen in the lounge, saw through "the curtain" or say opposite in UC. Some of us may have even seen Heather Mills waltz from UC into PE...

Whoever it is, VS has just as many celebrities as BA so lets share our sightings and maybe attract the "elite" to T3 instead of T5!

tony2x Apr 7, 2008 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Iain Scotland (Post 9533831)
Who have we seen in the lounge, saw through "the curtain" or say opposite in UC. Some of us may have even seen Heather Mills waltz from UC into PE...

I guess considering she didn't get what she wanted from the divorce she's having to tighten her belt. :)

megaflyer Apr 8, 2008 1:01 am

I have seen Gordon Ramsay in UC from LAX. Just drinking water and not eating anything hmmmmm - wise guy. The CC informed me he is a regular and always incredibly polite when he refuses the food.

Also saw Lily Allens father with wife (my sister who was with me told me he's famous actor but I hadnt heard of or recognise him) from MIA to LHR in Feb.

NevadaKaz Apr 8, 2008 1:49 pm

Not seen them on there myself but in his column Piers Morgans talks of lfying Upper Class and being seated behind Shania Twain.

Recently in the newspaper I have seen Cheryl Cole (Tweedy) being collected at LAX by an UC CDC (limo).

Heather Mills flew Upper a day or so after the divorce payout.

And of course, James Bond flys Upper :)

chistery Apr 8, 2008 2:13 pm

Russell Brand and his posse have been flying VS to LA according to his radio show, as he's been filming out there. Not all good news. though, his PA was complaining about how she spent hours on the phone to Virgin to sort their tickets out and in the end she just gave up.

garethmorgan Apr 8, 2008 2:43 pm

Vivienne Westwood kept trying to adjust my seat instead of hers last year.

KenJohn Apr 8, 2008 3:01 pm

On one flight to LAX just before the Golden Globe awards
1) Jonathan Rees-Myers (drop dead gorgeous but so thin; he has been working out since) was on the other side of the plane . This before he got really famous so the FAs were not hovering over him as yet. He did however win a Golden Globe that weekend.
and
2) Eddie Izzard sitting behind me - could not keep still. Sat down, got up, walk around, all the way to the back end of the plane and back up front again, sat down, etc, etc. Very irritating

Whites718 Apr 8, 2008 3:04 pm

I saw Omid Djalihli (The Mummy, Alien Autopsy, Comedian) in UC to LAX. Nice guy, certainly not a DYKWIA.

KenJohn Apr 8, 2008 3:08 pm

From the posts so far, the LHR-LAX is particularly good for celebrity spotting (surprise surprise - not!)

MajorVoid Apr 8, 2008 3:19 pm

Years ago, Phil Collins at the gate in JFK. (At least 10 years ago...!)

Oh, and on the same flight, Jimmy Somerville. An '80s retro-fest.

Whites718 Apr 8, 2008 3:43 pm

Anywhere else but LAX

Anyone seen Celebs on any route other than LAX? How about MIA, JFK, DXB, BGI etc?

megaflyer Apr 8, 2008 4:36 pm

Saw Katie Price and her hubby (sorry dont know his name) on a LAX to LHR recently - both charming and absolutely no dykwia about them unlike POSHE SPice a few months earlier moaining on board "how she had to use Virgin for contractual reasons and would rather be with BA FIRST " to LA too - yuk !

NevadaKaz Apr 9, 2008 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Iain Scotland (Post 9539554)
Anyone seen Celebs on any route other than LAX? How about MIA, JFK, DXB, BGI etc?

ah ah !! You just reminded me, saw Phil 'the pwer' Taylor flying to LAS with his family, all in economy.

Also seen many poker players, not sure they are celebs, but Martin Wilson, Surinder Sunah, Simon Trumper.

Barry Hearn was on the Phil Taylor flight also.

AtlanticFlyer Apr 9, 2008 3:55 pm

Hillary Clinton was in UC on my LHR-IAD flight several years back. Chelsea was at Oxford at the time , so must have been a personal trip (with fly America and all that!).

Incidentally, I've never heard announcements on board like I did that day, it was like the Queen was on board, with personal messages from Richard Branson. Must have been an insurance policy in case she became President one day and he wanted to call in a favour....!

AF

Corpt Apr 9, 2008 4:04 pm

Stelios, he of the "simple" airline, in the Clubhouse and UC on LHR-JFK two years ago. He didn't put down his mobile in the CH and didn't get out of his seat on the flight.