Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrities et al on VS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2008, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by AtlanticFlyer
Hillary Clinton was in UC on my LHR-IAD flight several years back. Chelsea was at Oxford at the time , so must have been a personal trip (with fly America and all that!).
How many men in black were with her ?

I often wonder when I see high ranking politicians boarding flights, how many security personal they have with them.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:39 pm

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
Several years ago I saw Al Gore at the LHR Clubhouse, he was on the late flight to EWR, I was on my way to HKG.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 2:33 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
The beared one including 3 generations of the Branson clan on a flight from LHR-JNB 16 months or so ago
Old Apr 10, 2008, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA & VS
Michael Vaughan and Sir Ian Botham - LHR to SYD - Nov 06 (for the Ashes)

Michael Vaughan - SYD to LHR - Feb 07 (coming home from the Ashes - what are the odds of being on the same flight going to Australia and coming back)

Dane Bowers (rubbish pop singer who dated Jordan) - LAS to LGW in November 07
Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:51 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
LHR-JFK last Feb, a somewhat dishevelled looking Sir Ian MacKellan in the Clubhouse and then in UC, a few rows behind me...generally appeared pleasent enough but was continually up & down & moving around the cabin, to the obvious amusement of some of the crew.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 2:32 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
I was travelling with a small group to MIA UC therefore was picked up by limo. One of my colleagues (travelling in a separate limo from another direction) is called 'Del' - nothing strange there... however, as we pulled into the drive-in check-in, the driver pointed out that in the car in front was "Del" - "How does he know my colleague?" I wondered. It was actually David Jason! (with family and heading out to MIA on the same flight as us). Same day in the CH as I was retelling this story, we noticed that we were sitting next to Martin Sheen.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
The beared one including 3 generations of the Branson clan on a flight from LHR-JNB 16 months or so ago
I saw him on the same route a few months ago, he did a short 'Thanks for flying Virgin' announcement on arrival.

Amusing to watch him wait 2 hours for his bags with the rest of us at JNB
Old Apr 14, 2008, 11:09 am

Programs: Mucci (for services to Gin), VS Au, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis Pref+, Hertz 5*
But which cabin was he flying?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Originally Posted by tony2x
But which cabin was he flying?
I was at the front of PE, just as the door was closing I noticed all the FAs lined up at the bar and SRB swooped in and turned left . 1A I expect

Last edited by BitPipe; Apr 15, 2008 at 9:20 pm
Old Apr 19, 2008, 3:28 am

Programs: NZ *Gold
David Arquette, Courtney Cox-Arquette and baby CoCo on VS7 on the 7/7/2006 - not a bit celeb.

Nicky Chapman (Ex Pop Idol and other things) in LGW clubhouse March 06 - think she was heading for Barbados.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 1:31 pm

I forgot that we also had the Archbishop of Canterbury popping out of UC for a chat once when we were in PE. He'd been very helpful to small son's school when he was the local Bishop of Monmouth and had had a picture with said sprog in the local paper, so knew him. Slightly confused other passengers, one of whom said he'd always assumed that he would have spoken English (we'd been talking in Welsh)

He got VIP'd at IAD but we kept passing him at the side in the immigration queue as his luggage had gone walkabout.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 1:31 pm

I saw Virginia W. Gladenstein waltz from lower class to upper class!
She was dressed to the nines and glamourous, I was just so excited!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: TK Gold, FB Silver, A3 Silver, BA Bronze
Britain's embattled Davis Cup tennis coach, John Lloyd, on VS7, LHR-LAX, in upper class. Assume he was returning from Lithuania. Difficult for him to forget his team's catastrophic reversal since all the papers, and even the IFE Sky News feed, had headlines screaming for him to be sacked.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 1:54 am

Programs: Hyatt: Plat, HH: Dia, Spg: Au, VS: Red, Accor: Plat, BAEC: Ag, Nordic Choice: Au
2 for the price of 1

David Walliams (Little Britain) and Ian Wright (Ex Arsenal Footballer), Summer of 2005, MCO->LGW, Delta Clubhouse and UC cabin.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: UA global, VS Gld , SPG plat
Saw Russell Brand and Colin Firth in LHR Clubhouse on Dec 27th 09 (not travelling together !)
Peter Andre HKG - LHR last year.
Some guy from Coronation Street on his way to Oz in Dec who thought he was a big star and sat for all his meals at the bar being regal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.