Does VS offer a family/household account?

Old May 28, 2011, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I do not understand the difference between this and BA's program? Seems conceptually the same to me.
Post #12 will explain: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post13303083
Old May 28, 2011, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by philemer
Yes, aware of the rules, however it still conceptually looks the same as VS i.e. miles of others can be used without a fee.

BTW, how do get a link that opens to a specific post#?
Old May 28, 2011, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Yes, aware of the rules, however it still conceptually looks the same as VS i.e. miles of others can be used without a fee.

BTW, how do get a link that opens to a specific post#?
Click on the post number on the top right hand bar of the post and copy the address it points to. So this post is #18
Old May 28, 2011, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Click on the post number on the top right hand bar of the post and copy the address it points to. So this post is #18
I am aware of this type of link, it shows only post# 18, however Philemer's link to me to the entire page but post # 12 was first visible. When I put a link to the entire thread, the first post I see is the post# 1.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
I am aware of this type of link, it shows only post# 18, however Philemer's link to me to the entire page but post # 12 was first visible. When I put a link to the entire thread, the first post I see is the post# 1.
Well that's slightly different you just need to know the post number and the thread, so for example this post is 16466948 so to start from it you need to type the following

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-flying-club/745566-does-vs-offer-family-household-account.html#post16466948

Which will come out like this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...l#post16466948
Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by BlackCat
Nope, in the sense you cannot transfer miles. You can purchase a reward flight segment using their miles though, so if the reward cost 50,000 miles they could pay 25,000 and you could pay 25,000.

VS Gold members can have a supplementary Silver card that earns miles into their account, but there is nothing analagous to BA's Household Account, unfortunately.

BC
Bit confused. Presumably only over the phone? Otherwise I can't see how you could do that online?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by wavery83
Bit confused. Presumably only over the phone? Otherwise I can't see how you could do that online?
That post is six years old!
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:31 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
As SlimpyJones and others point out - this is a six year old thread and a LOT has changed since those days.

I am going to lock this thread and, should further discussion be needed, I suggest a new one is started.

Nick

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.