FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club-506/)
-   -   20% off next Virgin American Flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club/737901-20-off-next-virgin-american-flight.html)

delmargal Sep 19, 2007 5:21 pm

20% off next Virgin American Flight

I received a code for 20% off my next Virgin America flight since I'm a founding eleVAte member.

I won't be using it anytime so here it is:

Dear delmargal,

You can still get your special eleVAte Founding Member savings if you book your next Virgin America flight by Friday.

Act now and save 20% off our already low fares to any destination, on any flight, in any seat in our Main Cabin.* It's our way of saying thank you for being an eleVAte Founding Member.

To automatically receive your 20% savings, just click on the button to the right.

Or book anytime now through Friday at www.virginamerica.com and be sure to use this special code:

REr8J2jx1IOr.

Happy flying!

ethang801 Sep 20, 2007 3:44 pm

i too got this email, i wont be using it, hopefully somebody else can:

Dear Ethan,

As an eleVAte Founding Member, you’ll always have special access to the Virgin America experience. We’re working hard to build a program you will love. And as one of our first members, we thought you’d love us even more if we gave you 20% off our already low fares on your next VA flight.*

It’s our way of saying thank you for joining eleVAte. Your Founding Member savings are good in our Main Cabin on any seat, to any destination, on any flight. Just book your trip by September 21, 2007 and fly any time before November 14, 2007.

To automatically receive your 20% savings, just click on the button to the right.

If you are still making plans for your next flight, you can book later at www.virginamerica.com using your elevate Founding Member promo code below. Either way, we hope you’ll take advantage of your 20% off soon.

zZag9PdOzcSWc

We know you deserve special treatment, so we thought we would get started right away. Thank you again for joining eleVAte.

Your Friends at Virgin America

Virgin America. Flying is believing.

* Offer ends at 11:59pm on September 21, 2007. Promo Code is valid for travel in the Main Cabin between September 12, 2007 and November 14, 2007 and may only be used for bookings made on virginamerica.com. If travel is changed to a date outside of this window, Promo Code discount will become inapplicable, and guest will be responsible for any increase in air fare. The Promo Code may be used only towards newly-booked travel and may not be applied to prior bookings. Promo Code discount will be deducted off of base fare. Promo Code may not be redeemed for cash.

enjoystravel Sep 22, 2007 4:49 pm

Missed using my discount code

I got mine but did not notice that the expiration was Sep 21. Hopefully there'll be another promo soon.

mikita Nov 12, 2007 2:14 pm

20% off codes

Hi, Anyone knows of any discount codes currently available. Thank you

Nottingham Nick Nov 12, 2007 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by mikita (Post 8718279)
Hi, Anyone knows of any discount codes currently available. Thank you

mikita

You would probably be better asking that question in the Other North & South America Frequent Flyer Programs forum .

The powers that be on FT have decided that the eleVAte Programme isn't worthy of its own forum, so most discussion about Virgin America is taking place there.

Nick

mikita Nov 12, 2007 3:34 pm

virgin America

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick (Post 8718520)
mikita

You would probably be better asking that question in the Other North & South America Frequent Flyer Programs forum .

The powers that be on FT have decided that the eleVAte Programme isn't worthy of its own forum, so most discussion about Virgin America is taking place there.

Nick

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try that. Thank you again.

urbandirtbag Nov 14, 2007 12:26 pm

any promo codes?

Anyone have a promo code lying around that hasn't been used? They expire today (11/14) would love to use one.

Mike Jacoubowsky Nov 17, 2007 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick (Post 8718520)

Nick

That may change in the near future; I suspect that, unless Virgin America collapses unexpetedly, they're going to be a major force in the US market. All they're lacking to really do damage is a feeder system into the midwest. Their planes are wonderful, their service is different enough to separate them from the rest of the crowd, and they seem to want to be offering pretty decent pricing at the moment (and, surprisingly, without much reaction from the rest of the industry, which will likely change soon).

If Virgin America flew to places I need to travel, I'd likely be saying buh-bye to UA. But for now, the midwest, hawaii & France keep me with UA.

pixuk Nov 17, 2007 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky (Post 8746617)
Their planes are wonderful, their service is different enough to separate them from the rest of the crowd, and they seem to want to be offering pretty decent pricing at the moment.

Took my first flight on Virgin America yesterday (and paid the extra to experience First Class), and I think they need to go some way to separate them from the rest of the crowd. The plane was late arriving, even later boarding and then we sat on the tarmac for an hour before take off (and the faint whiff of fuel was making me feel quite nausea). If the crew had been in any way 'different', you'd think they might hand out water or even explain what the delay was (not once was an explanation given). During the flight, I can only describe the service as 'indifferent'.

That said, it was a nice plane and a nice seat, but the service needs a lot of improvement.

Mike Jacoubowsky Nov 17, 2007 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by pixuk (Post 8748419)
Took my first flight on Virgin America yesterday (and paid the extra to experience First Class), and I think they need to go some way to separate them from the rest of the crowd. The plane was late arriving, even later boarding and then we sat on the tarmac for an hour before take off (and the faint whiff of fuel was making me feel quite nausea). If the crew had been in any way 'different', you'd think they might hand out water or even explain what the delay was (not once was an explanation given). During the flight, I can only describe the service as 'indifferent'.

That said, it was a nice plane and a nice seat, but the service needs a lot of improvement.

Our plane was delayed at LAS by weather & traffic at SFO. Not only did the captain keep us informed about the delay (ended up being about 45 minutes), but the FAs did, in fact, hand out small bottles of water to everyone on board. But wait, there's more. The captain said that, since they were delayed, he'd love to give anyone interested a tour of the cockpit of his fine plane. And further, he explained that the reason the jetway was coming back out to the plane was so they could shut down the engines and use ground power, saving expensive fuel so they could try and keep their fares low.

I have yet to experience anything close to that on my carrier of choice (UA).

pixuk Nov 18, 2007 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky (Post 8748463)
Our plane was delayed at LAS by weather & traffic at SFO. Not only did the captain keep us informed about the delay (ended up being about 45 minutes), but the FAs did, in fact, hand out small bottles of water to everyone on board. But wait, there's more. The captain said that, since they were delayed, he'd love to give anyone interested a tour of the cockpit of his fine plane. And further, he explained that the reason the jetway was coming back out to the plane was so they could shut down the engines and use ground power, saving expensive fuel so they could try and keep their fares low.

I have yet to experience anything close to that on my carrier of choice (UA).

I suppose that just goes to show it's the crew that make or break the flight, as I have found so often on VS too.

lakid Nov 21, 2007 1:40 pm

I just got this email fromvirgin america for a 25% discount

Dear lakid,

As we enter our first holiday season together, please accept our thanks for helping us create America’s revolutionary new travel experience.

Save 25% off your next Virgin America flight.
And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that.

To take advantage of this special offer, just book before December 7, 2007 for travel through March 19, 2008*. Your savings will be applied to our already low Main Cabin fares. And best of all, there is no limit to the number of 25% off tickets you can buy during this period.

Click on the Redeem button or enter this promo code when you book your travel online at www.virginamerica.com:

ELEVATE25

But that’s not all. You can share this 25% off thank-you gift with your family and friends. Just forward this e-mail to them and they can save 25% off their Virgin America travel, too.

See you onboard.

- Your Friends at Virgin America

* Offer ends at 11:59pm Pacific Time on December 7, 2007. Promo Code is valid for travel in the Main Cabin between November 26, 2007 and March 19, 2008. Blackouts are November 21 and 25, 2007, December 19, 2007 through January 6, 2008, February 14, 15 and 18, 2008. If travel is changed to a date outside of this window, Promo Code discount will become inapplicable, and guest will be responsible for any increase in air fare. Discounted seats are limited, subject to availability, and may not be available on all flights. The Promo Code may be used only towards newly-booked travel and may not be applied to prior bookings. Promo Code discount will be deducted off of base fare. Promo Code may not be redeemed for cash. Offer may not be combined with any other sale or promotion.

This message is from:
Virgin America Inc. 555 Airport Blvd. Burlingame, CA 94010

This is an automated message from Virgin America; Please do not reply to this message. If you do not wish to receive these messages, please log into your eleVAte account on virginamerica.com, click on the "Home" button in the red eleVAte module, click "Preferences" and deselect the " I am interested in receiving emails from Virgin America about updates and promotions, eleVAte news and offers, and VA Friends updates." option.

© 2007 Virgin America
Your privacy is important to us. If you have questions about Virgin America's Privacy Policy visit our website.

daveinsf Nov 21, 2007 2:38 pm

I got this offer too. Wish it was good in First Class since I'm hoping to try that soon on the JFK-SFO route.