Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS UC Menu

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2007, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Smile VS UC Dress

Okay, then I'm not going to freak out about what I should be wearing, but I won't wear what I do when I fly economy during the summer (shorts, chucks).
Old May 1, 2007, 7:58 am

Programs: Amex Platinum; Starwood Gold; BA Blue; VS Red; DL; US; CO; NW
Originally Posted by Taker Park
Okay, then I'm not going to freak out about what I should be wearing, but I won't wear what I do when I fly economy during the summer (shorts, chucks).
To me the most important thing is comfort, and I generally find shorts or jeans to be rather uncomfortable for a long flight (shorts let you stick to the seat if it gets warm; jeans can be too snug even with the baggy ones). Appearance only trumped this on Concorde, because I knew I'd be in a number of once-in-a-lifetime photos.

BTW, VS will give you a sleep suit if you want it. I got one on the eastbound flight but didn't wear it. It's all-black. One elderly man on the westbound flight changed into one, but nobody else did since it was more or less a daytime flight due to the sunlight (notwithstanding the time equivalent for us coming out of London).

(Forgot to mention....loose trousers are good on VS....the stewardesses are absolutely smokin' hot, at least on the flights I was on.)

Last edited by 1995hoo; May 1, 2007 at 8:06 am
Old May 1, 2007, 1:31 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
We fly Virgin a lot (in fact I just booked another UC trip this morning)

I think Virgin does almost everything perfectly EXCEPT the food. The food in the LHR lounge is excellent so why do they have a problem getting it right in the air??? I just don't get it. It's not very good.

The other International airline we fly a lot is Air France and their food in biz class is 10 times better than VA ( & so is their wine) (and it's still just so-so airline food)

I don't know if any airline reps read these threads (the way smart *wood does) but if you're reading--- listen!

The seats are awesome, the service is awesome, the lounge is infreakingcredible. The food on the flights is YUCK.

RB is usually so creative and I *thought* he believes in delegation. Hire a foodie to supervise the menu. Simple and fresh would be fine.
Old May 1, 2007, 2:46 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum; Starwood Gold; BA Blue; VS Red; DL; US; CO; NW
Reading damon88's post, it occurs to me that VS is British and AF is French. Consider these countries' relative reputations for food
Old May 2, 2007, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Taker Park
No idea what a chuck is, but shorts would be a bit cold. Otherwise, wear whatever you like.

And yes the food is pretty average. However, contrary to the stereotype you can east very well indeed in London now. And we didn't invent McDonalds.
Old May 2, 2007, 10:31 am
Original Poster

What are chucks?

I meant my converse hi-top sneakers, my "Chuck Taylors".

I had bangers and mash in London once, the mash was good, but the bangers were a little different for someone who is used to kielbasa and chorizo.
Old May 4, 2007, 6:31 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 1995hoo
Reading damon88's post, it occurs to me that VS is British and AF is French. Consider these countries' relative reputations for food
USED to be-- but now think of the Fat Duck, Gordon Ramsey etc.
Old May 4, 2007, 7:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC
A virgin virgin here. Contemplating the Miami LHR flight in upper class. I was wondering what the lounge was like in Miami, and what are the options for booking services etc.

Thanks,

Lorna
Old May 5, 2007, 12:46 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
I had the soup (something vegetably, can't remember what, but it was passable), then chicken tikka masala (completely and utterly inedible...what they call nan is a joke), an espresso, a banana and an apple, and the vanilla ice cream with mini honeycombs (OH MY GOD).
Old May 5, 2007, 12:48 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by damon88
USED to be-- but now think of the Fat Duck, Gordon Ramsey etc.
British food still sucks, and that's what VS serves. The best food in London tends to be Asian and French, that's not what you're getting on a VS (or BA) flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.