Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic (Flying Club) and Qatar Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2007, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K

I was trying to find out if as a flying club member you can earn miles when flying on Qatar. It is strange because Virgin has no mention of Qatar on their website but on Qatar's Priviledge Club website, it appears that Virgin is a full fledged member and Priviledge lClub people can earn miles on Virgin flights. Is this a one sided deal or can you earn Flying Club miles/TP's for a Qatar Airways flight?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
QR is not a member of VS' Flying Club, whereas GF is. So if crediting miles to VS Flying Club, you may only do so with GF flights and not QR's.

When one airline partners in another's FFP, it does not mean reciprocally is true on the partner's FFP as well.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 7:38 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Flights to Qatar

I will be flying SFO-LHR-DOH, connecting on Qatar Airways. I am pleased to see that I will earn QR miles for the flight.

This is my first flight on VS, and I am not very familiar with Heathrow, so a few basic questions:

-- I assume that VS will inter-line my bags?
-- Do you think that 90 minutes is enough to make this connection -- arriving at 1105, departing at 1235? The arrival and departure are both in Terminal 3.
-- What is my best lounge option (in the limited time that I have)? I'll be coming in (Z class) and departing on business class.

Thanks.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 7:47 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I answered one of my questions: The Servisair lounge is available to QR business class passengers. I have low expectations.

http://www.qmiles.com/news.html?linkon07
Old Feb 15, 2009, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi mecabq,

If on one ticket VS will check your bags through ( even with two tickets VS at SFO should be able to do it )

90 mins should be more than enough time as you are arriving after the morning rush

The servisair lounge is ok but nothing great ( limited snacks). Apparently First class passengers can use the Virgin Clubhouse at LHR ( an excellent lounge)

From the website Qatar is moving to T4 in March.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 17, 2009, 2:12 pm

Thanks for the information!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.