Wiki Posts
Search

Scrooge Packs make the Times Online

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2006, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
Scrooge Packs make the Times Online

VS in the press, for all the wrong reasons...

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/arti...4257_1,00.html

Old Aug 17, 2006, 8:55 am

Programs: bablue,baamex,flyingblue ivory
Packs

Love all the BA adverts next to the article
Old Aug 22, 2006, 7:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
VS is not alone in its thinking

Someone named Tyler Brule, a columnist for the Financial Times, writes...

Are toiletry kits really necessary on long-haul flights? Some airlines have started a pass around, pick and mix concept that's far less wasteful and seems more personalised. It may not be great news for collectors of little nylon bags, but it's certainly better for both the environment and the airlines' challenged bottom lines.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/974ecb88-e72...0779e2340.html
Old Aug 23, 2006, 10:51 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Just an aside. I ran into exactly this on Swiss F this week.
The basic pack with a card saying available by request for everything else.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 9:36 pm

Programs: Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Hilton Honours
Smile

Originally Posted by tenmoc
Maybe when we pay for these airfares we should hand over a cheque for half the fare and then a card saying' the rest will be forwared on request'
Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by tenmoc

On my last UC flight in July I got a clear nylon bag with the bits in and no card offering me more. If I had not know more was available, I would just assumed that was it. Incidentally, toothbrushes were placed in a basket at the as breakfast was served.

Overall, I'm not too bothered about the change, but it could have been handled far better.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
<<could have been handled far better...>>

Agreed. It would be better to distribute nothing except a menu of stocked amenties which the passenger could check and hand to a flight attendant or retain for reference later in the flight. I don't like the open ended system with no list, and distributing a minimal pack still involves some waste and implies that I shouldn't need anything else.

dennis

Last edited by mia; Sep 4, 2006 at 7:38 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 28, 2006, 4:00 am

NH does this quite effectively in F. They come round with a basket contaning the various items available, and you can pick and choose exactly what you want. They also give you a zip up pouch into which to put it. That way there is minimal wastage, but people can still get what they want.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 5:04 am

I thought I would just post this following a return flight back on UC from Dubai-Heathrow yesterday.

I really feel that the service in UC has gone down over the past year, the latest of which is the snooze (scrooge packs!).

I received my socks, eye thing, and ear plugs in the cardboard envelope on my seat. I asked for some toothpaste and brush... after 20 mins they found one! I asked if there was anything else available and they could not give me a list of anything! This is minor, but the socks also changed from the UC flight out... the socks on the way out had red toes and heels with Upper Class printed on them... the way back, purple and cheaper quality... is this the way it is going?!

What else...

The first option of main course for lunch (fish) was unavailable, even though I was in row 3 and one of the first to be served!

I asked if they had any snacks about 3 hours into the flight, they had run out of crisps etc, but could get some strange pretzels (their words!) if I really wanted! Other than that a few bendicks mints!

Arrivals lounge in Heathrow (always good), this closes at 1pm, useful when your flight arrives at 2pm!

Now good feedback...

Once again the Clubhouse at Heathrow is fantastic... but dont ruin it Virgin by dropping everything else!!!

PS - Does anyone actually know what you are supposed to be able to ask for in addition to the new snooze packs?!

Last edited by andrew1974; Sep 4, 2006 at 7:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.