A330-300 Upper Class Seat Choice ​​​​

Old Aug 24, 2023, 10:12 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 1,114
A330-300 Upper Class Seat Choice ​​​​

Hi. I can't find any decent videos or images showing the A seats in Upper Class, towards the rear of the cabin, so can't decide between 9A and 10A. I know that the seats face away from the windows but I'm happy to crick my neck sometimes. I found one image which looks as though 10A doesn't have a window, or at least it's mostly hidden by the shell of 9A. Looks like maybe 9A would be better to have a better aligned window? Thanks.
​​​​

Last edited by northeastflyer; Aug 24, 2023 at 11:06 am
northeastflyer is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2023, 12:35 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: BOS/SIN
Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Posts: 1,806
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi. I can't find any decent videos or images showing the A seats in Upper Class, towards the rear of the cabin, so can't decide between 9A and 10A. I know that the seats face away from the windows but I'm happy to crick my neck sometimes. I found one image which looks as though 10A doesn't have a window, or at least it's mostly hidden by the shell of 9A. Looks like maybe 9A would be better to have a better aligned window? Thanks.
​​​​
This is 9A and the window alignment is ok 10A is basically windowless so Id avoid that

truncated is offline  
Old Aug 25, 2023, 3:18 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 1,114
Thanks for this. Do you think that the next window further towards 8A (that's covered by a pillow in the picture), is partly visible from 9A? Thanks again.
northeastflyer is offline  
Old Aug 25, 2023, 11:38 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: BOS/SIN
Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Posts: 1,806
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Thanks for this. Do you think that the next window further towards 8A (that's covered by a pillow in the picture), is partly visible from 9A? Thanks again.
I found a picture I took of 8A on a different flight (sans pillow):



And I guess you can see the top of the window over the shell of the seat, but not really?
truncated is offline  
Old Aug 26, 2023, 12:53 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 1,114
Thank you. I think I'll stick with 9A. I've also had trouble finding any pictures or videos showing 1A. Do you have one?
northeastflyer is offline  
Old Aug 26, 2023, 9:50 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Posts: 8,130
Heres a few views of/from 1A.




BahrainLad is offline  
Old Aug 26, 2023, 10:31 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 1,114
Thank you very much. Do you know if 1K is an exact mirror image of 1A in terms of window alignment? 1A has just been taken. I realise that 1K doesn't have as much privacy, but it seems that 1K is slightly further forward than 1G, so I'm thinking of grabbing 1K instead of 9A.... 🤔
northeastflyer is offline  
Old Aug 27, 2023, 4:50 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Posts: 8,130
I think 1K is the same. But I would always try and be on the A side on the 333/789.
BahrainLad is offline  
Old Aug 27, 2023, 5:07 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 1,114
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
I think 1K is the same. But I would always try and be on the A side on the 333/789.
Thanks. I was in 9A. 1A not avail, just 1K. It's a relatively short day flight so I'm not so bothered.
northeastflyer is offline  
Old Sep 3, 2023, 12:01 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: USA
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt, United, Flying Blue
Posts: 103
Window view on UClass A-330-300

I know these Upper Class seats are angled away from the windows, andI have seen some pictures of them. But can you see out the window at all - or without leaning forward and twisting around? Can you arrange yourself in the seat so that you can see ahead out the window (I,e., the horizon, not looking down)?
Retiredlife is offline  
Old Sep 3, 2023, 12:18 pm
  #11  
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: www.V-Flyer.com
Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Posts: 2,413
Looking out of the window in Upper on these planes isnt natural, comfortable or particularly easy in my experience- especially from a sitting position or for any length of time in any position.

Nick


Note - I have merged the two threads on the same subject, for ease of future reference
Retiredlife likes this.
Nottingham Nick is offline  
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:54 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Posts: 3
Hi
Travelling as a couple. If only option was 9A and 10A on the A side, would you take that over any of the seats on G or K?
Thanks
Weggy1978 is offline  
Old Jan 26, 2024, 10:40 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: VPS, previously SEA and PIT
Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 1,214
Originally Posted by Weggy1978
Hi
Travelling as a couple. If only option was 9A and 10A on the A side, would you take that over any of the seats on G or K?
Thanks
I'd always take the A side due to not having to "face" another person (based on the angle of the seats). Keep in mind, though, that if it's a night-time flight and people are hanging at the bar area, you may have a lot of extra noise in any rows past 8 or so. But YMMV.
dmarge18 is offline  
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:28 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 113
Originally Posted by dmarge18
I'd always take the A side due to not having to "face" another person (based on the angle of the seats). Keep in mind, though, that if it's a night-time flight and people are hanging at the bar area, you may have a lot of extra noise in any rows past 8 or so. But YMMV.
Less foot traffic on A side too, better on a night flight when the attendants are extra stompy. I always aim for 3A/4A/5A
dmarge18 likes this.
drew.clarke is offline  
Old Jan 26, 2024, 4:46 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by dmarge18
I'd always take the A side due to not having to "face" another person (based on the angle of the seats). Keep in mind, though, that if it's a night-time flight and people are hanging at the bar area, you may have a lot of extra noise in any rows past 8 or so. But YMMV.
Thanks. Its a day flight, Heathrow to the Caribbean, 11:15am departure does that change your advice?
Weggy1978 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.