Keep an eye on your FC activity...

Old Apr 4, 2023, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Gold
Keep an eye on your FC activity...

I flew back from NYC last night, having upgraded at the airport. I logged into FC to check my account just now, and noticed an additional points redemption for a flight booking that isn't mine. I just called up FC, and the fella said he would escalate it.

Not sure what happened exactly, but was a bit concerned that someone else was able to use my points... Hopefully it's just a one off and not something more widespread. My only assumption is that the staff member was dealing with 2 queries at once, and had fat fingers...
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by travellingwigbury
I flew back from NYC last night, having upgraded at the airport. I logged into FC to check my account just now, and noticed an additional points redemption for a flight booking that isn't mine. I just called up FC, and the fella said he would escalate it.

Not sure what happened exactly, but was a bit concerned that someone else was able to use my points... Hopefully it's just a one off and not something more widespread. My only assumption is that the staff member was dealing with 2 queries at once, and had fat fingers...
Out of interest how did the upgrade work out points and taxes wise from JFK? What cabin did you upgrade to?
Old Apr 6, 2023, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by travellingwigbury

I think your assumption could be correct, having experienced something similar previously.
travellingwigbury likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by haroon145
Out of interest how did the upgrade work out points and taxes wise from JFK? What cabin did you upgrade to?
I upgraded from premium to upper (which was only about 2/3 full) for 28,700 points and approx $320 in taxes.

Given that they were asking for approx 4,000 the day before, it seemed like a good deal!
BA or bust likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 4:45 am
Original Poster

I had a call from VS yesterday. Turns out one of the passengers on the unknown booking had the same surname as me...

After explaining that I'd not approved use of my points for their booking and that I didn't know them, they restored the points to my account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.