Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Temporary Clubhouse closures - SFO, JNB, IAD and BOS

Temporary Clubhouse closures - SFO, JNB, IAD and BOS

Old Apr 12, 2023, 3:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Any word on when BOS will reopen?
Old Apr 12, 2023, 9:40 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by alexr_ft
Interesting that the SFO example menu lists Swai fish, which is on the Monterey Bay Aquarium's list of fish to avoid eating. I would normally expect Virgin to be quite conscious of these sorts of things. I wonder if this is a sign of the new Clubhouse operators being misaligned with Virgin.
Is this from today’s menu (meaning the full menu is back?)

In that case did you notice if they still offer the ceaser salad?

(Edited: I just noticed you said it was an example menu)

Last edited by maxmin; Apr 12, 2023 at 11:43 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Apr 13, 2023, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Virgin Flying Club (Silver)
Originally Posted by boss315
Any word on when BOS will reopen?
According to the links above its supposed to be tomorrow but we shall see, I'm due to return from there on the 22nd post Marathon so fingers crossed (and not just for a "snack" menu
boss315 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 6:20 pm

Just a quick update, the Boston lounge is not expected to reopen until mid May, Im currently in the Delta Sky Club express even less impressed than I thought I would be!
Old Apr 21, 2023, 10:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold, DL GM
What are they possibly doing that Sodexo can't get BOS ready until mid-May? It's a tiny lounge with a tiny kitchen, so there's nothing to renovate and it's not like it requires a lot of staff that they need to find
Old Apr 22, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Originally Posted by skydelt
What are they possibly doing that Sodexo can't get BOS ready until mid-May? It's a tiny lounge with a tiny kitchen, so there's nothing to renovate and it's not like it requires a lot of staff that they need to find
that sucks for folks traveling between now and then, but Im hoping this pans out as described for my travels in early July. Id really like it to be open by then.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
The Clubhouse at SFO will officially re-open with the full menu on 4th May.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 4:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
If you are going there any time soon again, I would suggest going to the Air France lounge at Boston. I found it quite a bit better than the Delta lounge.
SB
Old Apr 25, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Im having a little trouble confirming this, but it looks like a business class award on AF purchased with Virgin points out of Dulles will not get me into the IAD Virgin lounge (though I can use the AF lounge next door). Im not a Skyteam elite. Has anyone tried to access it on an AF or KLM business class ticket?
Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold, DL GM
Originally Posted by strikerbird
If you are going there any time soon again, I would suggest going to the Air France lounge at Boston. I found it quite a bit better than the Delta lounge.
SB
Race to the bottom between these two lounges honestly - your best bet is to not get to the airport super early. AF lounge is tiny with usually no drinks, and the DL lounge is a makeshift room.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 5:58 pm

To be honest AF lounge would have been an improvement just for the location regarding the gate and opening times. Having someone walk through at 2135 before a 2250 flight loudly saying "this lounge has to be empty by 2150" was hardly welcoming
Old Apr 26, 2023, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Artpen100
I’m having a little trouble confirming this, but it looks like a business class award on AF purchased with Virgin points out of Dulles will not get me into the IAD Virgin lounge (though I can use the AF lounge next door). I’m not a Skyteam elite. Has anyone tried to access it on an AF or KLM business class ticket?
I did not try IAD Clubhouse when flying on KLM business ticket. But I tried to get in with Skyteam Elite Plus when flying on KLM coach 2 weeks ago and the Clubhouse attendant stated they only take VS passengers. VS flight leaves IAD by 6:20pm so I did not check what the requirements are post VS flight

I was able to get into the IAD clubhouse this past Friday using Skyteam Elite Plus while flying .VS Prem Econ ticket.
Old May 2, 2023, 9:00 am

I was in the SFO clubhouse 10 days ago: it was wonderfully less crowded which I thought was maybe due to the removal of Amex access. However the flight (VS 41) was less than 1/3 full. There were entire rows (A-K) in PE and Y completely empty. I can't remember the last time I had 9 seats to myself

The staff were wonderful, but I had a hard time discerning what renovations have been done. Seemed basically the same.
Old May 2, 2023, 12:11 pm

Programs: VS Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, SPG, IHC: Plat Ambasador
maxmin: Any indication that they're preparing to restore food/drink service?

(I'm flying on the 5th on VS42, which is a night flight, meaning that I really will want food at the airport and not in-flight. I'd rather it be a hot meal in the lounge instead of the mediocre stuff in the terminal.)
Old May 2, 2023, 12:31 pm

Apparently you're in luck per a posting above, that they will be opening the full menu on May 4th

Maybe you can share the menu here on May 5th (I'm on VS42 a few days later, and yes, it's great flight because our body clocks set us up for a good sleep, I feel).

Last edited by maxmin; May 2, 2023 at 3:14 pm Reason: typo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.