Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Temporary Clubhouse closures - SFO, JNB, IAD and BOS

Temporary Clubhouse closures - SFO, JNB, IAD and BOS

Old Mar 13, 2023, 8:12 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic
Original Poster

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Currently sat in the China Air lounge at SFO - not overly impressed. It is about on a par with, or just below the standard of, a very basic Priority Pass lounge in the UK .

There are some ham / cheese cobs on French bread.and some Turkey ciabatta rolls. The hot food is limited to pasta with meatballs and some tepid steamed veg.

There is a reasonable beer selection including several Anchor beers. White wine is limited to two chardonnays. There are a few spirits bottles including Jack Daniels and Beefeater Gin to help yourself to.

Couple this with the fact that the later arrival VS20 into LHR means that Revivals will be closed, and VS really seems to be selling SFO UC passengers short in the short term.

The staff here say the newly refurbed Clubhouse is still due to open on 25th March.

Hey ho! #firstworldproblems The 787 - Queen Bee is sat at the gate, currently showing an on time departure, so that is the important stuff.

Nick
Old Mar 14, 2023, 2:14 am

Programs: BA, VS, LH, QR
Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick

Couple this with the fact that the later arrival VS20 into LHR means that Revivals will be closed, and VS really seems to be selling SFO UC passengers short in the short term.

Nick
It is annoying that the VS Revivals lounge closes at 12:30. Im landing at LHR from TPA in May just as it closes and would have liked a shower before my onward journey to Cyprus. There are a few overnight flights such as these arriving at LHR so I was going to email them to see if they were considering extending the hours but I couldnt find an address or a way through their contact form menu for a suitable option. Ill mention it next time I have to call them.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 8:16 am

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
This sucks.... flying VS from BOS this weekend with a long layover... was planning on 4 hours at the Clubhouse....
Old Mar 16, 2023, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by cliburn
This sucks.... flying VS from BOS this weekend with a long layover... was planning on 4 hours at the Clubhouse....
Saturday looks nice; head into town and walk around. You can't spent 4 hours at that Delta express club.
cliburn likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 11:43 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
If you are connecting from a DL flight, you can stay in A for a while and use one of the Sky Clubs there.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
Originally Posted by VFR
If you are connecting from a DL flight, you can stay in A for a while and use one of the Sky Clubs there.
That is my plan now.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 5:51 am

Programs: Virgin Gold.
Have you been before??? No one wants to spend 4 hours in the BOS clubhouse,
Old Mar 25, 2023, 6:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Anyone hear if SFO reopened on time? Any feedback?
Old Mar 28, 2023, 8:11 pm

That is my plan now.
will be flying from BOS-LHR next month. Have a layover from my DL domestic flight in Boston before my VS flight. Clubhouse will be closed at that time..based on my research, looks like the delta lounge next to A18 is the best option? I also found that theres a bus that takes passengers from terminal A to E and vice versa so dont have to pass through security again. Ive never flown out of Boston internationally before.

just curious as to which sky club you visited and whether you changed terminals?
Old Mar 28, 2023, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
The Delta lounge by A18 is quite good - big and spacious. So would recommend that if you have access. There is apparently a bus; I believe it leaves from a different part of Terminal A - about a 10 minute walk (with moving walkways) so build in some time and ask the people at the lounge about its schedule. The alternatives to Terminal E are less efficient.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
I will be @ SFO today and let ya all know ab VA opening status ( web site say it close as of 3/29/23).

Plan B is Cathay / then CL if it is not busy .
Old Mar 29, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
Good new: VA @ SFO is opened as of 3/29/23 ( and appeared crowded! )

Bad new ( for non VA flyers/AMex ) : they no longer accept Amex and this is official.

I will ping Amex to confirm bur for now, no longer Amex cardholder entry.

I am back to plan B, and CA lounge it is .
EV-
Old Apr 12, 2023, 9:06 am

Programs: VS Gold
Is the SFO Clubhouse serving meals yet? I read it was open but with snacks only (per https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/i...clubhouse.html )
Old Apr 12, 2023, 10:43 am

Programs: Virgin Gold.
Originally Posted by ccna101

Bad new ( for non VA flyers/AMex ) : they no longer accept Amex and this is official.
EV-
This is good news,
Old Apr 12, 2023, 3:07 pm

Programs: VS Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, SPG, IHC: Plat Ambasador
Interesting that the SFO example menu lists Swai fish, which is on the Monterey Bay Aquarium's list of fish to avoid eating. I would normally expect Virgin to be quite conscious of these sorts of things. I wonder if this is a sign of the new Clubhouse operators being misaligned with Virgin.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.