JFK Clubhouse entrance limitations

Old Nov 20, 2023, 5:33 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by adhiren
…… the check-in person informed me for $100 I could access the lounge as I was traveling in Premium (am VS Silver). The fee is payable at the lounge………..
Wow! That is a lot of money - I like the Clubhouse experience, but not that much

Nick
Old Nov 20, 2023, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by adhiren
…… the check-in person informed me for $100 I could access the lounge as I was traveling in Premium (am VS Silver). The fee is payable at the lounge………..
Wow! That is a lot of money - I like the Clubhouse experience, but not that much

Nick
Old Nov 23, 2023, 8:53 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, HH Diamond, A3 Gold, ALL Gold
Mixed Chances

Hey everyone! I know rule to the VS lounge are very complicated. However, would someone be able to enlighten me on chances on this situation:
Flying Delta One into JFK T4 from BOG (made sure it was marketed and seats were purple, showing real D1), landing at 05:40. Connecting same ticket to YYZ, departs as 11:50 from T4 as well (mixed concourses).
Though not sure, I assume will be allowed to enter US , and head to a lounge before 8AM.
In this case:

1. Would I be allowed in at VS Lounge and be able to continue, as I wait for a “connecting flight”?
2. Would I be allowed in at VS Lounge, but required to switch to PP at 8AM?
3. Would I be allowed in directly with PP earlier?
4. As it will be a Sunday, I should just head to the (supposedly inferior) DL SkyClub, and forget about it?

Additional question - a bit off topic. My mom and I enjoy morning mimosas while on much needed vacations (though can love without).
Is there an government alcohol limitation service for sunday mornings at JFK VS, AMEX, DL lounges?

Thanks everyone…
and…
Merry Xmas already??
Old Nov 23, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I think it will be option 2 or 3 of those. They will normally require the PP swipe for the changeover time if you enter as an eligible Delta One passenger. With PP having a 3 hour time limit, I'd enter as a DL passenger first and then use PP when the lounge switches use.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
Originally Posted by Adelphos
My monthly post on this question - any experiences accessing this lounge via SkyTeam Elite Plus on Delta, or other SkyTeam international itineraries?
Im also looking to see if there are data points for access to other Skyteam business class pax. Coming in on a DL flight (DL marketed and operated) connecting to a KL marketed flight to AMS on a DL ticket with my layover from 2pm to 550pm. Im also Diamond on delta, so in theory a normal skyteam lounge I'd have access too no matter what, but the website to me indicates that I'd have to fly VS or DL operated flights for the status to matter.

Anyone have recent experience in a situation like this?
Old Dec 4, 2023, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by barabbas90
Im also looking to see if there are data points for access to other Skyteam business class pax. Coming in on a DL flight (DL marketed and operated) connecting to a KL marketed flight to AMS on a DL ticket with my layover from 2pm to 550pm. Im also Diamond on delta, so in theory a normal skyteam lounge I'd have access too no matter what, but the website to me indicates that I'd have to fly VS or DL operated flights for the status to matter.

Anyone have recent experience in a situation like this?
Yes, I had a similar transfer back a couple of months ago, and was granted in without any issues around 2pm on a weekday to the VS Lounge as a KL Y pax and STE+.
At that time PriorityPass access was denied.
barabbas90 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 9:45 pm

KLM business class

Hi,

flying business class on KLM from
jfk to ams. Do I have access to this lounge? I thought klm and virgin are partners
Old Dec 9, 2023, 10:11 pm

KLM business class

Hi,

jfk to ams. Do I have access to this lounge? I thought klm and virgin are partners
Old Dec 10, 2023, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by ashleyygirl
Hi,

No are you aren't flying on VS or DL Metal

You'll have access to the DL Sky Club

https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/g...clubhouse.html
Old Jan 9, 2024, 6:17 pm

i'll add a data point, flew KLM business JFK-AMS back in july, and was let into the VS Clubhouse. they were a tad unsure as to whether they should let me in, so maybe it was a fluke?
probably flying to AMS again in a week, so i can report back to see if it's changed
Old Jan 17, 2024, 4:32 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite, EY Silver, VS Silver
Hi, flying out of JFK tonight and wondering if anyone had any recent experiences getting access with PP? Will be trying to get in around 9PM most likely
Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2024, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by ss1710
Hi, flying out of JFK tonight and wondering if anyone had any recent experiences getting access with PP? Will be trying to get in around 9PM most likely
Thanks!
You could always check the PP website as the hours are clearly listed there

https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...ntic-clubhouse
Old Jan 24, 2024, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Just was wondering does a Delta One Transcon LAX/JFK get you into the Clubhouse? Full trip is LAX-JFK-BOG. BOG is marketed as D1 but I know its not considered the same as D1 to Europe, Asia, etc.

Also I read on OMATT a confusing time table of access which seems like only PP can access between 8am & 130pm if I recall. So with this BOG flight at 145pm and arriving at 805am on DL red eye I wouldnt even be able to enter (asuming my ticket allows access)?

Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2024, 1:10 am

What's the guesting policy for family of Upper Class pax at the JFK (and LHR) Clubhouse? My two friends are flying JFK-LHR (morning departure) then back a week later (afternoon departure), in Upper Class award seats. Their adult son and two under-10yo sons will be on the same flights in economy. Can they each guest one child and that means the adult son is left out? Or is the guesting more lenient for small children?
Old Jan 27, 2024, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by BernardBlack
What's the guesting policy for family of Upper Class pax at the JFK (and LHR) Clubhouse? ...........................
Passengers travelling in Upper can guest one fellow traveller into the Clubhouse. There is no exemption for children so, unless they encounter a VERY generous gatekeeper, one of the economy passengers will miss out.

Nick

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.